A simple vegan recipe for Curry Chickpea Salad, that can be turned into a healthy wrap with spinach and sprouts. A delicious make-ahead vegan lunch recipe!
Here’s a simple healthy lunch idea- Curry Chickpea Salad Wraps! The salad can be made ahead, and it’s vegan and full of delicious flavor. The curry chickpea salad is made with toasted coconut, dates, celery, apple and toasted cashews ( or sub another nut).
Turn the tasty salad into packable wraps for the busy workweek or serve the salad over greens for a Gluten-Free option.
It’s super simple to put together.
Apple and dates give the salad a welcome sweetness.
Toasted coconut and cashews add nutty flavor.
Then just mix it all up!
You can serve it as a salad, over a bed of dressed spinach.
Or scoop it into a wrap or tortilla. Or turn into lettuce cups!
I love adding baby spinach and sprouts.
This would also work well in a toasted pita!
More sandwich and wrap ideas!
- Banh Mi Sandwich Recipe
- Miso Tofu Wrap with Winter Squash and Furikake
- Middle Eastern Eggplant Wrap
- Spicy Lentil Tahini Wrap
- Herby Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Hope you enjoy these Curry Chickpea Salad Wraps!
For more healthy lunch ideas GO HERE!Print
A simple vegan recipe for Curry Chickpea Salad, that can be turned into a wrap with spinach and sprouts. A healthy vegan lunch idea!
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup cashews, toasted
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained ( 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 8–10 dates, chopped small
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced (or sub green onion)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (or sub scallions)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (optional)
- 3–4 tablespoons Vegenaise, mayo or vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon maple (or honey, agave, or alternative sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2–3 teaspoons yellow curry powder (start with two, add more to taste, some brands are spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Toast cashews and coconut over low heat, until golden and fragrant.
Place chickpeas in a medium bowl and add celery, apple, dates, onion, cilantro and zest.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 30.7 g
- Sodium: 456.3 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.7 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: curry chickpea salad, curry chickpea salad, vegan wrap, curried chickpea salad wrap, vegan chickpea salad