A simple vegan recipe for Curry Chickpea Salad, that can be turned into a healthy wrap with spinach and sprouts. A delicious make-ahead vegan lunch recipe!
Here’s a simple healthy lunch idea- Curry Chickpea Salad Wraps! The salad can be made ahead, and it’s vegan and full of delicious flavor. The curry chickpea salad is made with toasted coconut, dates, celery, apple and toasted cashews ( or sub another nut).
Turn the tasty salad into packable wraps for the busy workweek or serve the salad over greens for a Gluten-Free option.
It’s super simple to put together.
Apple and dates give the salad a welcome sweetness.
Toasted coconut and cashews add nutty flavor.
Pretty much toss everything together in a bowl with Vegenaise or vegan mayo. Or feel free to use regular old mayo- up to you!
Then just mix it all up!
You can serve it as a salad, over a bed of dressed spinach.
Or scoop it into a wrap or tortilla. Or turn into lettuce cups!
I love adding baby spinach and sprouts.
This would also work well in a toasted pita!
Hope you enjoy these Curry Chickpea Salad Wraps!
For more healthy lunch ideas GO HERE!Print
Curry Chickpea Salad Wraps with Toasted Coconut
A simple vegan recipe for Curry Chickpea Salad, that can be turned into a wrap with spinach and sprouts. A healthy vegan lunch idea!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: vegan wrap, salad, vegan
- Method: tossed
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup cashews, toasted
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained ( 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 8–10 dates, chopped small
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced (or sub green onion)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (or sub scallions)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (optional)
- 3–4 tablespoons Vegenaise, mayo or vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon maple (or honey, agave, or alternative sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2–3 teaspoons yellow curry powder (start with two, add more to taste, some brands are spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Toast cashews and coconut over low heat, until golden and fragrant.
Place chickpeas in a medium bowl and add celery, apple, dates, onion, cilantro and zest.
Mix in the vegan mayo, maple and vinegar, until well combined. Add the curry powder, salt and pepper.
Taste, and add more salt if needed. Feel free to add more curry powder or a pinch of cayenne for more heat or flavor.
- Wrap up in a whole wheat tortilla (or pita) with handful of spinach, greens or sprouts
- Serve over a bed of greens lightly dressed with olive oil, salt and lemon or AC vinegar
- Serve in an halved, salted, avocado.
- Serve in lettuce cups
Keywords: curry chickpea salad, curry chickpea salad, vegan wrap, curried chickpea salad wrap, vegan chickpea salad