Miso Tofu Wrap with Winter Squash and Furikake! Tofu and squash are roasted together on a sheet pan basted with an amazingly flavorful miso sauce, then folded into a wrap with avocado, crunchy saucy slaw, and furikake. So good! Vegan and Gluten-Free
This Miso Tofu Wrap with Winter Squash and Furikake will have you coming back for more!
The sauce is Japanese-inspired and full of flavor and tang. We use the sauce to baste the squash and tofu before roasting and then also toss it with the slaw.
The avocado gives creamy richness to the wrap. The slaw is crunchy and fresh contrasting perfectly with the roasted squash and tofu.
The furikake gives savory crunch and umami. You might want to make your own furikake with our easy recipe, it is so yummy and a useful condiment to have around!
A good wrap is all about the sauce! The recipe assures there will be plenty for those of us who may need to pour a little extra on every bite!
What you’ll need
- toasted sesame oil
- soy sauce
- miso paste
- fresh ginger
- green onions
- rice vinegar
- honey or sugar
- winter squash
- napa cabbage
- vegan mayo
- wasabi paste
- wraps (try cassava, rice or sprouted wheat)
How to make Miso Tofu Wrap
In a blender or with immersion blender whirl together soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, miso, ginger, rice vinegar and chopped green onions (saving a tablespoon for the slaw) until fairly smooth.
Set aside 1/4 cup of the sauce in a bowl for the slaw.
Cut tofu into one-inch-long strips and blot on a towel.
Cut squash into one-inch strips and lay in a single layer on a baking tray along with tofu strips. Brush or spoon on miso sauce. You will have sauce leftover.
Bake tofu and squash at 425 F in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Combine 1/4 cup miso sauce with 3 tablespoons vegan mayo and 1/4 teaspoon or more, wasabi paste. If you don’t care for mayo or wasabi just use the sauce as is. It is delicious!
Toss sliced cabbage, scallions and cilantro in the sauce. Optional to throw in bean sprouts too for added crunch.
Assemble the wrap:
- Warm the wrap or tortilla if needed to make it more pliable.
- Spread with sauce.
- Layer with squash, tofu, avocado, slaw and sprinkle with furikake.
- Wrap up and enjoy! Add extra sauce and furikake as desired!
More recipes you may enjoy
Hope you enjoy!Print
A delicious vegan recipe for Miso Tofu Wrap with Roasted Winter Squash, Baked Miso Tofu, Asian Slaw, Avocado, Furikake and flavorful Miso Dressing.
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped, save out 1 tablespoon for slaw
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple, sugar or honey
For the Sheet Pan
- 8 ounces tofu
- 1 pound winter squash, sliced into 1/2 inch thick strips (delicata, red kuri, butternut- see notes)
For the Slaw
- 2–3 leaves of napa cabbage, about 1 1/2 cups after chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- handful of beansprouts -optional
For the Wrap
- 1 avocado, sliced
- furikake (find recipe here)
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste (highly recommended!)
- tortillas (try cassava, rice or sprouted wheat)
- In a blender or with immersion blender whirl together soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, miso, ginger, rice vinegar and 2/3rds of the chopped green onions, and honey (or sugar or maple syrup) until smooth. A few small bumps are ok. Set aside 1/4 cup of sauce in a medium bowl.
- Cut tofu into one-inch-long strips and blot on a towel.
- Cut squash into one-inch strips and lay in a single layer on a baking tray along with the tofu strips. Brush or spoon miso dressing generously over the tofu and squash.
- Bake tofu and squash at 425 F in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup dressing with mayo and 1/4 teaspoon or more of wasabi paste. Toss sliced cabbage, scallions, cilantro and bean sprouts (if using).
- Assemble wrap: warm wrap if needed to make it pliable, spread dressing on the bottom, layer with squash, tofu, avocado, slaw, and top with lots of furikake!
Most any winter squash will do. Delicata, red kuri and acorn are easy because the peel is edible. The cooking time for squash may vary. Delicata cooks in about 20 minutes!
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 377.5 mg
- Fat: 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.9 g
- Fiber: 9.7 g
- Protein: 17.2 g
- Cholesterol: 1.4 mg
Keywords: miso tofu wrap, tofu wrap, tofu wrap recipe, asian tofu wrap,