A delicious vegan recipe for Miso Tofu Wrap with Roasted Winter Squash, Baked Miso Tofu, Asian Slaw, Avocado, Furikake and flavorful Miso Dressing.
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped, save out 1 tablespoon for slaw
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple, sugar or honey
For the Sheet Pan
- 8 ounces tofu
- 1 pound winter squash, sliced into 1/2 inch thick strips (delicata, red kuri, butternut- see notes)
For the Slaw
- 2–3 leaves of napa cabbage, about 1 1/2 cups after chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- handful of beansprouts -optional
For the Wrap
- 1 avocado, sliced
- furikake (find recipe here)
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste (highly recommended!)
- tortillas (try cassava, rice or sprouted wheat)
- In a blender or with immersion blender whirl together soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, miso, ginger, rice vinegar and 2/3rds of the chopped green onions, and honey (or sugar or maple syrup) until smooth. A few small bumps are ok. Set aside 1/4 cup of sauce in a medium bowl.
- Cut tofu into one-inch-long strips and blot on a towel.
- Cut squash into one-inch strips and lay in a single layer on a baking tray along with the tofu strips. Brush or spoon miso dressing generously over the tofu and squash.
- Bake tofu and squash at 425 F in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup dressing with mayo and 1/4 teaspoon or more of wasabi paste. Toss sliced cabbage, scallions, cilantro and bean sprouts (if using).
- Assemble wrap: warm wrap if needed to make it pliable, spread dressing on the bottom, layer with squash, tofu, avocado, slaw, and top with lots of furikake!
Most any winter squash will do. Delicata, red kuri and acorn are easy because the peel is edible. The cooking time for squash may vary. Delicata cooks in about 20 minutes!
Keywords: miso tofu wrap, tofu wrap, tofu wrap recipe, asian tofu wrap,