Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich -VEGAN, FAST and Healthy and oh sooooo satisfying! The best part? Whip it up in 10 minutes flat!
Helloooooooooo 10 minute miracle, I’m in love with you! Creamy, hearty, delicious, filling, VEGAN and totally YUMMMM, this Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich couldn’t be faster or easier. Here is the basic recipe, but please, feel free to embellish. Work your magic and share your creations in the comments below!
Radishes, cucumbers, grated carrots or grated jicama would all be nice additions, and of course, load it up with fresh herbs- dill, basil, cilantro or italian parsley.
A tasty lunch break, perfect when you are short on time and in need of a little self-love.
Cut the sandwich in half and perhaps share with a friend….it’s a hearty one! Or use the filling for two sandwiches!
Spicy diakon radish sprouts are nice addition and add peppery bite.
Hope you enjoy this fast and easy lunch!Print
Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich
Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich -VEGAN, FAST and Healthy……. and oh sooooo satisfying! The best part? Whip it up in 5 minutes flat!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Healthy Lunch
- Method: mixed
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 scallions, finely slided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- pinch cayenne or chili flakes ( optional)
- light squeeze of lemon juice and perhaps a little zest
- 2 pieces of whole grain bread ( or make 2 smaller sandwiches with the filling)
- Optional Additions – sprouts, radish,grated carrots, cucumber, fresh herbs like cilantro, basil, dill, Italian parsley.
- Place avocado and oil in a bowl and mash with a fork until relatively smooth. Add chickpeas and mash with fork. Stir in scallions, salt, pepper, cayenne and lemon juice to taste. Add optional herbs.
- Pile on a piece of whole grain bread, top with sprouts and the other slice. Cut in half, and perhaps share… this makes a hearty sandwich!
Filling is enough for one giant sandwich, cut in half -or two smaller sandwiches.
Keywords: Avocado chickpea sandwich, vegan sandwich, vegan lunch recipe, chickpea sandwich, smashed chickpea sandwich