Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich
Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich -VEGAN, FAST and Healthy……. and oh sooooo satisfying! The best part? Whip it up in 5 minutes flat!
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 scallions, finely slided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- pinch cayenne or chili flakes ( optional)
- light squeeze of lemon juice and perhaps a little zest
- 2 pieces of whole grain bread ( or make 2 smaller sandwiches with the filling)
- Optional Additions – sprouts, radish,grated carrots, cucumber, fresh herbs like cilantro, basil, dill, Italian parsley.
- Place avocado and oil in a bowl and mash with a fork until relatively smooth. Add chickpeas and mash with fork. Stir in scallions, salt, pepper, cayenne and lemon juice to taste. Add optional herbs.
- Pile on a piece of whole grain bread, top with sprouts and the other slice. Cut in half, and perhaps share… this makes a hearty sandwich!
Filling is enough for one giant sandwich, cut in half -or two smaller sandwiches.
Keywords: Avocado chickpea sandwich, vegan sandwich, vegan lunch recipe, chickpea sandwich, smashed chickpea sandwich