This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Use fresh herbs: dill, cilantro, tarragon, basil, Italian parsley, or a blend.
Add diced avocado.
Layer up your sandwich.
Or serve as an appetizer on bruschetta or even endive if going low-carb!
More recipe you may like:
- The BEST EVER Deviled Eggs
- Hard-Boiled Eggs with Olive Oil, Fresh Herbs & Pickled Shallots
- Herby Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Curry Chickpea Salad Wraps with Toasted Coconut
- Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich
Egg Salad with Dill and Avocado- make this into a sandwich, a wrap or serve over a bed of greens for a hearty low carb meal. Also tasty on bruschetta, served as an appetizer.
- 8 large eggs – hard-boiled, peeled, cooled.
- 1/2 cup mayo (or sub full-fat plain yogurt with a drizzle of olive oil, or use part yogurt and part mayo)
- 2 small stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill (or a blend of dill with Italian parsley, basil, or cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves
- 1–2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1– 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 cups microgreens or sprouts
- sliced radishes, optional
- sliced tomatoes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bread, or bruschetta, tortillas if wrapping, or lightly dressed greens for a salad
This will keep 2 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 437
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 740.1 mg
- Fat: 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.6 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 14.5 g
- Cholesterol: 383.6 mg
Keywords: egg salad, best egg salad recipe, green goddess egg salad, egg salad sandwich, egg salad bruschetta