Use fresh herbs: dill, cilantro, tarragon, basil, Italian parsley, or a blend.
Add diced avocado.
Layer up your sandwich.
Top with Sprouts.
Eat this open faced — or put the lid on it.
Or serve as an appetizer on bruschetta or even endive.
Green Goddess Egg Salad- makes 4 large sandwiches
- 8 large eggs – hard boiled, peeled, cooled.
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 small stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mix of any of the following herbs- Italian parsley, dill, tarragon, basil, cilantro
- 1-2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 avocado (dice half, slice half)
- 2 cups micro greens or sprouts
- sliced radishes, optional
- sliced tomatoes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bread, or bruschetta
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, celery, green onions, fresh herbs, capers, zest and mustard. Peel the eggs and chop finely. Add eggs to the mayonnaise mixture and gently fold in. Add the diced avocado, gently fold in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.