Egg Salad with Dill and Avocado– make this into a sandwich, a wrap or serve over a bed of greens for a hearty low carb meal. Also tasty on bruschetta, served as an appetizer.
- 8 large eggs – hard-boiled, peeled, cooled.
- 1/2 cup mayo (or sub full-fat plain yogurt with a drizzle of olive oil, or use part yogurt and part mayo)
- 2 small stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill (or a blend of dill with Italian parsley, basil, or cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves
- 1–2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1– 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 cups microgreens or sprouts
- sliced radishes, optional
- sliced tomatoes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bread, or bruschetta, tortillas if wrapping, or lightly dressed greens for a salad
This will keep 2 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: egg salad, best egg salad recipe, green goddess egg salad, egg salad sandwich, egg salad bruschetta