Egg Salad with Dill and Avocado- make this into a sandwich, a wrap or serve over a bed of greens for a hearty low carb meal. Also tasty on bruschetta, served as an appetizer.
- 8 large eggs – hard-boiled, peeled, cooled.
- 1/2 cup mayo (or sub full-fat plain yogurt with a drizzle of olive oil, or use part yogurt and part mayo)
- 2 small stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill (or a blend of dill with Italian parsley, basil, or cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves
- 1–2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1– 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 cups microgreens or sprouts
- sliced radishes, optional
- sliced tomatoes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bread, or bruschetta, tortillas if wrapping, or lightly dressed greens for a salad
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise (or yogurt with a splash of olive oil)celery, green onions, fresh herbs, capers, zest and mustard.
Peel the eggs and chop finely.
Add eggs to the mayonnaise mixture and gently fold in. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the diced avocado, gently fold in (if making this ahead, leave the avocado out until serving).
Taste, adjust salt and pepper.
Refrigerate covered until using- best used the same day.
Assemble: For appetizers, just a spoonful place on toasted bruschetta (or endive) and top with a few microgreens or fresh herbs.
For a salad, lay a bed of mixed greens and sprouts, and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Top with a cup of egg salad, arranging tomatoes, radishes and avocado all around.
For sandwiches, spread bread with mayo (and mustard if you like). Layer sliced tomatoes, avocado or radishes (or all). Top with a generous amount of egg salad, and a mound of microsprouts. Either serve open-faced or top with a second slice of bread. Cut in half.
This will keep 2 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 437
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 740.1 mg
- Fat: 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.6 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 14.5 g
- Cholesterol: 383.6 mg
Keywords: egg salad, best egg salad recipe, green goddess egg salad, egg salad sandwich, egg salad bruschetta