Green Goddess Egg Salad with Avocado– make this into a sandwich, a wrap or serve over a bed of greens for hearty low carb meal. Also tasty on bruschetta, served as and appetizer.
- 8 large eggs – hard boiled, peeled, cooled.
- 1/2 cup mayo ( or sub plani yogurt, or part yogurt)
- 2 small stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill ( or a blend of dill with italian parsley, basil, or cilantro)
- 1–2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1– 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 avocado (dice half, slice half)
- 2 cups micro greens or sprouts
- sliced radishes, optional
- sliced tomatoes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bread, or bruschetta, tortillas if wrapping, or lightly dressed greens for a salad
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise ( or yourt) , celery, green onions, fresh herbs, capers, zest and mustard.
This will keep 2 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: egg salad, best egg salad recipe, green goddess egg salad, egg salad sandwich, egg salad bruschetta