The Best EVER Deviled Eggs- made with crumbled bacon, cheddar and onion – a simple recipe (that can be elevated) and oh soooooo delicious!
If you’ve found yourself with an over-abundace of dyed easter eggs, here’s a recipe that will help take care of that problem. A wonderful woman named Doris, who works with Alzheimer’s patients where my dad lives, gave me her incredibly delicious, old-fashioned recipe for Deviled Eggs. Made with crumbled bacon, cheddar and onions, these are so simple — but are hands down, the best deviled eggs I have ever had. I seriously love them.
For the photos I’ve left them whole and set them upright, but know that they can easily be made in the traditional way, cut in half, placed on their sides- a much simpler way to prepare them.
But if you want a challenge see the recipe notes for the upright version.
If going meat free- absolutely leave out the bacon and adjust the salt accordingly.
So creamy and delicious, these deviled eggs really are the best ever!
The Best EVER Deviled Eggs- made with crumbled bacon, cheddar and onion, simple and soooooo delicious!
- In a large pot, gently place 12 eggs. Fill pot until water covers eggs about 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat off and let stand 10-12 minutes.
- Peel under running cold water.
- Cut eggs in half scoop out yolks into a bowl.
- Mash with a fork and add other ingredients. Mix. Add enough Mayo to have a nice creamy mixture. Taste, adjust salt. Fill the eggs and chill.
- Garnish with paprika and chives or Italian parsley right before serving.
- *If you want to serve them whole and standing up, like in the photo above, cut the tops off at the narrow end and cut off a tiny sliver of the bottom so they have a platform to stand on. Either scoop out the yokes with a small spoon, or gently squeeze the side of the egg, and the yokes should pop out.
- You could pipe the filing into the egg whites, using a piping bag or a zip lock bag ( cut a small opening into the corner).
- Calories: 250
Keywords: deviled eggs, the best deviled egg recipe, best deviled eggs, how to make deviled eggs