This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Spring Scrambled Eggs with tender asparagus, melted leeks, chèvre and fresh dill – a simple easy breakfast inspired by spring!
In this simple recipe, scrambled eggs get a breath of fresh air with the addition of melted leeks, asparagus, goat cheese and dill. I realize this hardly warrants an actual recipe, but the combination of flavors, to me, are so satisfying I thought I’d share it with you it in case you needed a little morning inspiration. The melted leeks are divine, but don’t make an extra trip to the store for them — onion, shallot or scallions work just fine too. The point here is to inject a little springtime love into your eggs, however you see fit.
First saute the leeks until melting and tender.
Then add the asparagus, and cook until crisp and bright.
Whisk the eggs with sour cream, salt and pepper then pour them into the pan with the asparagus. Scramble to your desired doneness, folding in the the goat cheese about halfway through.
When they are just about done add a generous amount of fresh dill, and gently incorporate.
Serve with a piece of good toast and sprinkle with cracked pepper.
Related: 20 recipes that celebrate Spring!
Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Leeks, Chèvre and Dill
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Spring
A simple Spring Scramble with Asparagus, Dill, Leeks and Goat Cheese
- 1 medium leek – white and light green parts thinly sliced, rinsed, about 1 cup
- 1 cup chopped asparagus – do not use the tough ends (about 1/2 a bunch)
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter or combination
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or plain yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, about 2 ounces
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped dill
- In a large nonstick or cast iron skillet, sauce leeks in oil over meduim low heat for 10-15 minutes until melting and tender, turning heat down further if starting to brown.
- Whisk eggs with sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Add asparagus to the leeks and cook for a few more minutes, until asparagus is crisp, bright and cooked al dente (you may want to turn heat up to medium for just a minute or so).
- If pan seems dry add touch more oil or butter.
- Pour in eggs and gently fold and stir with a rubber spatula, over medium low heat, for 2-3 minutes. Add crumbled goat cheese. Continue folding gently until cooked to your desired doneness.
- At the end, add the fresh dill, and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately into 2 bowls.
- Calories: 335
Keywords: scrambled eggs with asparagus, spring scramble, scrambled eggs with goat cheese
Outstanding again Sylvia! I don’t know how you do it, but you second to none!
Glad you gave this one a go Lisa- I like this one too!
Served to guests this weekend and it was a huge hit! Will definitely make again.
Glad you enjoyed this!
It was absolutely delicious Sylvia!
Thank you so much for your wonderful healthy recipes!!! I’m going to try this one out this week.
Thanks Marianna! Let me know what you think 😉