A simple Spring Scramble with Asparagus, Dill, Leeks and Goat Cheese
- 1 medium leek – white and light green parts thinly sliced, rinsed, about 1 cup
- 1 cup chopped asparagus – do not use the tough ends (about 1/2 a bunch)
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter or combination
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or plain yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, about 2 ounces
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped dill
- In a large nonstick or cast iron skillet, sauce leeks in oil over meduim low heat for 10-15 minutes until melting and tender, turning heat down further if starting to brown.
- Whisk eggs with sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Add asparagus to the leeks and cook for a few more minutes, until asparagus is crisp, bright and cooked al dente (you may want to turn heat up to medium for just a minute or so).
- If pan seems dry add touch more oil or butter.
- Pour in eggs and gently fold and stir with a rubber spatula, over medium low heat, for 2-3 minutes. Add crumbled goat cheese. Continue folding gently until cooked to your desired doneness.
- At the end, add the fresh dill, and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately into 2 bowls.
- Calories: 335
Keywords: scrambled eggs with asparagus, spring scramble, scrambled eggs with goat cheese