The Best EVER Deviled Eggs- made with crumbled bacon ( or vegan bacon) , pickles, cheddar and onion, simple and soooooo delicious!
- 12 extra -large Eggs
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon. ( or sub vegan bacon bits)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely diced
- 1 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 cup baby dill pickles, finely diced
- 4–6 tablespoons Best Foods Mayo
- salt to taste
- Optional additions: splash of pickle juice, capers, 1-2 teaspoons of mustard (dijon or ground)
- In a large pot, gently place 12 eggs. Fill the pot until the water covers the eggs, about 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil. Cover, turn the heat off, and let stand for 12 minutes. (You can make these ahead and refrigerate)
- Place in bowl of cold water and peel under running cold water.
- Cut eggs in half and scoop out yolks into a bowl. (See notes for the upright version)
- Mash with a fork and add the remaining ingredients. Mix.
- Add enough Mayo to have a nice creamy mixture.
- Taste and adjust salt. Add any optional additions.
- Fill the eggs (using a small spoon or piping bag) and chill at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with paprika and chives or Italian parsley right before serving.
- I highly suggest hard-boiling a few extra eggs because sometimes they break when removing the yolk this way. I typically lose 2 eggs per dozen from breakage. Just so ya know. 😉
- If you want to serve them whole and standing up, like in the photo above, hard boil for 1-2 minutes longer- peel but and let them cool before cutting.
- On the flatter end of the egg, cut a tiny sliver off the bottom, creating a flat bottom, so the eggs can stand upright.
- On the pointier end of the egg, cut off the top, where the tip of the yolk meets. Either scoop out the yokes with a small spoon or tiny fork, or gently squeeze the sides of the egg, carefully popping the yolk out. Take your time here, be patient- this is the challenging part. 🙂
- Make the filling as directed.
- Pipe the filling using a piping bag or use a zip lock bag (cut a small opening into the corner).
- Calories: 250
Keywords: deviled eggs, the best deviled egg recipe, best deviled eggs, how to make deviled eggs