Simple, Hard boiled eggs with olive oil, fresh herbs and pickled shallots, a simple, make ahead brunch recipe that is perfect for gatherings and potlucks. Think of these like deviled eggs but in ½ the time!
I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief. I come into the presence of still water. And I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light. For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
Here’s a quick and easy way to use up all your Easter Eggs this week, or an simple way to prepare eggs for a group when short on time – Simple Hard Boiled Eggs with olive oil, herbs and pickled shallots. The quick pickled shallots can me made while the eggs are boiling and give them a delicious zesty bite, and capers will do in a pinch. These can either be served warm or made ahead and chilled -perfect for brunch, potlucks and gatherings!
Think of this as a lighter and simpler way to make deviled eggs. No scooping out of the yolks, no adding of mayo. So easy! Simple drizzle and season!
Boil and peel the eggs. Hard boiled extra large eggs take about 8 minutes or simmering time. For a medium-soft yolk, 4 ½ minutes is perfect.
Slice them in half.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle fresh herbs.
Top the boiled eggs with the quick pickled shallots. Quick and easy Boiled Eggs with olive oil, herbs and pickled shallots -perfect for potlucks and gathering and can be made ahead!
Boiled Eggs with olive oil, herbs & pickled shallots
A quick and easy recipe for Boiled Eggs with olive oil, herbs and pickled shallots that can be served warm or made-ahead and chilled- perfect for brunch, potlucks and gatherings!
- Prep Time: 12
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast, brunch, potlucks
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Pacific Northwest
- 6 eggs, boiled and peeled ( see notes)
- generous pinch salt
- a couple twists fresh cracked pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped herbs- italian parsley, dill, cilantro, basil or tarragon
- 1 Shallot thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar or honey
- Make the pickled shallots. Thinly slice the shallot and place in a small pot with water, vinegar, salt, sugar. Bring to a simmer, stir until sugar and salt are dissolved, remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil and peel eggs. Slice in half and arrange on a platter.
- Season with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Scatter fresh herbs over the eggs.
- Top with pickled shallots.
- Serve these warm or chilled.
Cooking times -Hard boiled eggs (extra large) take 8 minutes of boiling. Medium boiled eggs take about 4-5 minutes. Very fresh eggs are more challenging to peel and a teaspoon of vinegar and salt to the boiling water is said to help.
- Serving Size: 1 egg
- Calories: 175
Keywords: quick deviled eggs, boiled eggs, hard boiled eggs with herbs, how to make hard boiled eggs, egg recipes for potlucks, easy egg recipes, simple egg recipes