- 6 eggs, boiled and peeled ( see notes)
- generous pinch salt
- a couple twists fresh cracked pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped herbs- italian parsley, dill, cilantro, basil or tarragon
- Make the pickled shallots. Thinly slice the shallot and place in a small pot with water, vinegar, salt, sugar. Bring to a simmer, stir until sugar and salt are dissolved, remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil and peel eggs. Slice in half and arrange on a platter.
- Season with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Scatter fresh herbs over the eggs.
- Top with pickled shallots.
- Serve these warm or chilled.
Cooking times -Hard boiled eggs (extra large) take 8 minutes of boiling. Medium boiled eggs take about 4-5 minutes. Very fresh eggs are more challenging to peel and a teaspoon of vinegar and salt to the boiling water is said to help.
- Serving Size: 1 egg
- Calories: 175
Keywords: quick deviled eggs, boiled eggs, hard boiled eggs with herbs, how to make hard boiled eggs, egg recipes for potlucks, easy egg recipes, simple egg recipes