This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Pan- Seared Scallops with Simple Citrus Shallot Sauce, served with a healthy side of veggies… a simple, healthy weeknight dinner! Keto and low-carb!
This light and healthy meal, Citrus Seared Scallops with Orange Lime Shallot Dressing comes together in just 20 minutes. It can be made with scallops like you see here or with other fish like cod, snapper, albacore, halibut, or sea bass… or even simple seared Tofu!
The sauce is very universal- citrusy and flavorful and perfect on so many things! This recipe comes out of a new cookbook from America’s Test Kitchen: The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook, and it’s a keeper. Tuck it away for when you need a little burst of sunshine…it’s so energizing and uplifting.
The zesty Orange-Lime Dressing is made with olive oil, fresh orange and lime juice, orange zest, shallot, chili flakes and cilantro. You will want to spoon it over everything…and that’s what I did here with the green beans. I simply steamed them for a couple of minutes until bright green and just slightly tender, lightly salted them, then spooned the flavorful dressing over top. So tasty!
How easy is this? And remember you can substitute any fish for the scallops. Just give the fish a quick sear.
Hope you doing well, feeling energized and having a beautiful week!Print
Pan Seared Scallops with Citrus Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Main, fish, seafood, low-carb
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Northwest
A simple tasty recipe for Seared Scallops ( or fish) with Citrus Sauce. Serve with steamed green beans or roasted asparagus.
ORANGE LIME DRESSING
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice plus 1 tablespoon zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small shallot – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro ( or sub parsley)
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes or aleppo chili pepper
- 2–4 portions of scallops or fish ( try to find large “dry” scallops)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional- 2-4 portions Green beans or substitute asparagus
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- If steaming green beans, set them inside a steamer basket inside a pot, with a little water. Bring to a boil, cover, steam 2 – 3 minutes, or until bright green and just tender. Uncover.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until smoking.
- Season the oil with salt and pepper. Add the patted dry scallops ( or fish) and sear for 1-2 minutes until golden. Turn over. If cooking a thick piece of fish, finish in a warm oven.
- Spoon flavorful dressing over the scallops and green beans.
- Calories: 275
Keywords: Seared scallops, citrus seared scallops, healthy scallops recipe, keto scallops, seared scallops with lemon, pan seared scallops, how to sear scallops
Going through every one of your recipes this year. I will make this again and again. So bright and light- just what I was craving after the holidays. Had to soak up the remaining dressing with some greens.
So happy you enjoyed this Marissa!
This came out great! I served it over cauliflower mash and it soaked up the sauce really well.
Nice change for scallops! I would reduce olive oil in dressing to 4T. I placed over coconut milk jasmine rice. Very light.
Yum! The dressing is delicious on scallops and salad.
I made this last night with barramundi & asparagus (as per your suggested alternatives) and served it with a side of coconut milk rice I had leftover from another dinner and it was amazing! The dressing was a bit too oily for me but overall great flavors and easily adjustable. I loved how quick it was to whip everything up once the dressing was done. Thank you for sharing!
What a beautiful dish! Definitely a must-try for me.
I love this versatile dressing and those scallops look divine!
Thanks Denisse,yes very versatile!