A simple tasty recipe for Seared Scallops ( or fish) with Citrus Sauce. Serve with steamed green beans or roasted asparagus.
ORANGE LIME DRESSING
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice plus 1 tablespoon zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small shallot – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro ( or sub parsley)
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes or aleppo chili pepper
- 2–4 portions of scallops or fish ( try to find large “dry” scallops)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional- 2-4 portions Green beans or substitute asparagus
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- If steaming green beans, set them inside a steamer basket inside a pot, with a little water. Bring to a boil, cover, steam 2 – 3 minutes, or until bright green and just tender. Uncover.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until smoking.
- Season the oil with salt and pepper. Add the patted dry scallops ( or fish) and sear for 1-2 minutes until golden. Turn over. If cooking a thick piece of fish, finish in a warm oven.
- Spoon flavorful dressing over the scallops and green beans.
- Calories: 275
Keywords: Seared scallops, citrus seared scallops, healthy scallops recipe, keto scallops, seared scallops with lemon, pan seared scallops, how to sear scallops