A Quick 5-Minute Enchilada Sauce Recipe, using basic pantry ingredients and a blender. With no cooking required, this sauce comes together in five minutes flat! Video!
Here’s a simple recipe for EASY homemade 5 Minute Enchilada Sauce that requires no cooking, no chopping and can be made in five minutes flat using a blender! Full of flavor, this tasty healthy Enchilada Sauce is silky smooth and perfect for baked enchilada’s, smothered burritos, or Enchilada Pie.
Keep it mild for younger palates, or feel free to spice it up. Your call.
Enchilada Sauce Video
How to make EASY Enchilada Sauce!
- Place ingredients in blender
- Blend until smooth
- it’s done!
Why this EASY Enchilada Sauce Works
This untraditional Enchilada Sauce is made in reverse, blended then cooked.
It can cook in the oven with your enchiladas- and it comes in very handy when short on time.
It’s also very similar in flavor to Trader Joe’s bottled Enchilada Sauce. What I love about it is that it’s made with ingredients I almost always have on hand, often saving me from the dreaded last-minute trip to the grocery store.
During the summer months, I like to use fresh tomatoes, and during the colder months, diced canned tomatoes or tomato puree work well too.
Of course, you can cook the Enchilada Sauce after you blend it- just simmer gently, covered in a pot for 10-15 minutes.
This can be made ahead and refrigerated or even frozen.
A fast and easy recipe for Enchilada Sauce, not lacking in flavor!Print
A quick and easy enchilada sauce that requires no cooking! Can be made in 5 minutes using a blender.
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (with juices) preferably fire-roasted tomatoes ( or tomato puree)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic ( or 2–3 garlic cloves)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (or smoked paprika for smoky flavor) more to taste.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 teaspoons fresh)
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste, add more chipotle to desired heat level.
- If serving over enchiladas, the sauce will cook as it bakes with enchiladas.
- Or feel free to simmer gently on the stovetop, covered for 10-15 minutes.
The sauce will keep 4 days in the fridge or can be frozen.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 47
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 377.6 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy enchilada sauce, 5 minute enchilada sauce, homemade enchilada sauce, quick enchilada sauce, no cook enchilada sauce, easy enchilada sauce, 5 minute enchilada sauce, best enchilada sauce recipe,