A quick and easy enchilada sauce that requires no cooking! Can be made in 5 minutes using a blender.
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (with juices) preferably fire-roasted tomatoes ( or tomato puree)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic ( or 2–3 garlic cloves)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (or smoked paprika for smoky flavor) more to taste.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 teaspoons fresh)
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste, add more chipotle to desired heat level.
- If serving over enchiladas, the sauce will cook as it bakes with enchiladas.
- Or feel free to simmer gently on the stovetop, covered for 10-15 minutes.
The sauce will keep 4 days in the fridge or can be frozen.
Keywords: easy enchilada sauce, 5 minute enchilada sauce, homemade enchilada sauce, quick enchilada sauce, no cook enchilada sauce, easy enchilada sauce, 5 minute enchilada sauce, best enchilada sauce recipe,