This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Curried Zucchini Soup made with fresh ginger, jalapeño and mint. Quick, easy and deeply satisfying, this vegan-adaptable soup can be served hot or chilled. Video!
Velvety Curried Zucchini Soup gets a lovely hit from the synergy of yellow curry powder, ginger, jalapeno and mint, delighting your palate with a touch of tangy heat and a smooth creamy texture.
Even though the ingredients are simple, there is something rich and deeply comforting about this soup.
Curried Zucchini Soup | Video
The fresh mint and cilantro elevate the flavor giving the soup a fresh vibrant taste.
The zucchini soup is blended so no need to spend extra time on precise cutting. Just roughly chop, quickly sauté and blend into a silky soup. Ready in no time!
Sautéing in coconut oil lends flavor and a slight sweetness that compliments the curry spice but you can easily substitute a neutral-flavored oil.
Veggie broth can replace chicken broth for a vegan alternative. Simmer until tender, and blend until smooth.
Tip: Very Large zucchini can sometimes taste bitter. We find medium-size zucchini to have optimal texture and flavor.
Hope you enjoy this simple, Curried Zucchini Soup. Such a beautiful way to use up the extra zucchini from the garden this season!
Have a great weekend and let us know how you like the soup in the comments below!
More zucchini recipes you may like:
- Zucchini Fritters with Feta and Dill
- Mediterranean Farro Salad w/ Marinated Zucchini and Chickpeas
- Zucchini Cornbread
- Baked Zucchini with Garlicky Parmesan Breadcrumbs
- Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups with Spinach & Basil
- Quick & Healthy Zucchini Basil Soup
- Kung Pao Zucchini
Curried Zucchini Soup made with fresh ginger and mint. Quick and deeply satisfying. Vegan-adaptable. Can be served hot or chilled.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated or chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 2 pounds zucchini or yellow squash, about 4 medium cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup cilantro- leaves and stems roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- In a heavy-bottomed pot or dutch oven sauté onion, garlic, ginger, and jalapeño in coconut oil, over medium heat for about 5 minutes until tender and fragrant.
- Add the salt, zucchini and curry powder. Sauté a few minutes more.
- Add 2 cups of the broth. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the summer squash is tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add two cups of cold broth to the blender along with all the simmered ingredients. (Be so careful as hot liquids tend to burst out in a blender, making an incredible mess, and can burn you- so cover firmly with a kitchen towel.)
- Blend with the lid vented, until smooth. Add fresh mint and cilantro, blend until incorporated. We like seeing the green flecks of herbs but your choice on how smooth to blend.
- Reheat to serve.
- Garnish with cilantro, mint,
Keeps in the fridge up to 4 days. Freezes beautifully.
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Sodium: 674.4 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: zucchini soup, zucchini recipes, curried zucchini soup, vegan zucchini soup, vegan zucchini recipes