Curried Zucchini Soup made with fresh ginger and mint. Quick and deeply satisfying. Vegan-adaptable. Can be served hot or chilled.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated or chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 2 pounds zucchini or yellow squash, about 4 medium cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup cilantro- leaves and stems roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
Optional Garnish: cilantro, mint, yogurt or coconut milk, Urfa Biber ( chili flakes)
- In a heavy-bottomed pot or dutch oven sauté onion, garlic, ginger, and jalapeño in coconut oil, over medium heat for about 5 minutes until tender and fragrant.
- Add the salt, zucchini and curry powder. Sauté a few minutes more.
- Add 2 cups of the broth. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the summer squash is tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add two cups of cold broth to the blender along with all the simmered ingredients. (Be so careful as hot liquids tend to burst out in a blender, making an incredible mess, and can burn you- so cover firmly with a kitchen towel.)
- Blend with the lid vented, until smooth. Add fresh mint and cilantro, blend until incorporated. We like seeing the green flecks of herbs but your choice on how smooth to blend.
- Reheat to serve.
- Garnish with cilantro, mint,
Keeps in the fridge up to 4 days. Freezes beautifully.
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Sodium: 674.4 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: zucchini soup, zucchini recipes, curried zucchini soup, vegan zucchini soup, vegan zucchini recipes