Place chicken on a hot grill, getting nice char. Once nicely charred, either turn heat down and cover, to cook through, or place into a 350 F oven until chicken is cooked through. The nice thing about thighs is it’s very hard to overcook them.
Chop the chicken up and place over a salad, or serve them whole along side rice and salad.
- 2 lbs to 2 ¼ lb chicken thighs ( boneless and skinless --or skin on)
- 2 T ground cumin
- 2 T ground coriander
- 8 cloves minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 T olive oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp allspice
- Place all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and mix, or pulse in a food processor to make a paste.
- Rub chicken on all sides with the marinade and let sit 20 minutes (or up to 24 hours refrigerated).
- Grill chicken on a pre-heated BBQ, on medium high heat, closing the lid to the bbq, until all sides have nice grill marks, about 8 minutes each side. Finish chicken in a 350 F oven until cooked all the way through, about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the chicken over Israeli salad, or with rice and veggies.