This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Jade Noodles- a vegan, Asian-style soba noodle salad loaded up with fresh seasonal veggies and a delicious Sesame Dressing. Can be served warm or chilled! Gluten-free adaptable. With a video!
There was a new voice which you slowly recognized as your own,
that kept you company as you strode deeper and deeper into the world.
Here’s a simple recipe for a Soba Noodle Salad I like call Jade Noodles because of all the beautiful green veggies- asparagus (or green beans) broccolini, edamame, snow peas and spinach -all tossed in a sesame-ginger dressing. Today I’ve used soba noodles but any pasta or noodles will do, including rice noodles or other gluten-free noodles.
How to make Jade Noodles! | 60-second video
Feel free to change out the veggies, based on your preferences and the season. The proportion of veggies to noodles is quite high. 1 ½-2 pounds of veggies to 8 ounces of noodles… so this recipe is just loaded with nutrients!
If blanching veggies like broccolini or asparagus, save time by tossing them directly into the pasta water for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. A fast and healthy weeknight dinner!
For fall or winter veggies- feel free to roast them first!
Jade Noodle Dressing:
While the pasta is boiling, mix up the flavorful Sesame Ginger Dressing!
- olive oil
- sesame oil
- soy sauce or gluten-free Bragg’s liquid amino acids
- rice wine vinegar
- maple syrup, brown sugar, coconut sugar or palm sugar)
- chili sauce ( like sambal olek or sriracha)
Make these Jade Noodles! You’ll have a healthy delicious dinner, full of nutrient-dense veggies on the table in less than 30 minutes! And the leftovers will make for a tasty lunch the next day. Keep this hearty salad vegan by adding store-bought or homemade baked tofu, or try crispy tofu, or for meat-eaters, feel free to add chicken breast or shrimp!
Other Asian Noodles you may enjoy:
- Kimchi Noodles
- Quick & Easy Soba Noodles
- Chinese Sesame Noodles with Veggies!
- Singapore Noodles!
- Kung Pao Noodles!
- Veggie Lo Mein Noodles!
Happy weekend! Hope you enjoy!
Jade Noodles- vegan soba noodles, loaded with fresh seasonal veggies and a delicious Sesame Dressing. Can be served warm or chilled! Gluten-free adaptable. | www.feastingathome.com
- 8 ounces dry noodles- soba noodles, linguini, rice noodles or gluten free noodles
- 1 small bunch asparagus -8 ounces
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 1 small bunch broccolini – or sub other blanchable veggies- broccoli, asparagus, snow peas, or green beans, etc -8 ounces
- 8 onces edamame (shelled)
- 8 ounces baked tofu ( or make this crispy tofu, or baked tofu, or sub chicken breast)
- 3–4 generous handfuls baby spinach- 4 ounces, more to taste
- 3 scallions- sliced
- Optional garnishes -toasted sesame seeds, avocado, cilantro, sprouts
- salt to taste
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or gluten-free Bragg’s liquid amino acids
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or coconut sugar or palm sugar)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce ( like sambal olek or sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 3 fat cloves garlic- finely minced
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta and cook pasta according to directions.
Make the Sesame Ginger dressing by stirring the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
During the last couple minutes of cooking the pasta, add any veggies that need a quick blanching directly into the boiling pasta water (broccolini, asparagus, green beans snow peas, edamame) for 1-2 minutes, until they turn bright green-do not overcook! Drain well and place in a large bowl.
Pour dressing over top and add tofu (or chicken) and baby spinach, a handful at a time, tossing everything together well. Toss in the scallions. Taste, adjust salt and heat ( add more chili paste if you want).
Serve in bowls with optional garnishes. This can be served warm or chilled.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 422
- Sugar: 10.6 g
- Sodium: 556.2 mg
- Fat: 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.5 g
- Fiber: 5.4 g
- Protein: 12.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Asian noodles, jade noodles, asian noodle recipes, soba noodles, soba noodle recipes, soba noodle bowl, soba noodle recipe, asian noodle salad, soba noodle salad recipe