Jade Noodles- vegan soba noodles, loaded with fresh seasonal veggies and a delicious Sesame Dressing. Can be served warm or chilled! Gluten-free adaptable. | www.feastingathome.com
- 8 ounces dry noodles- soba noodles, linguini, rice noodles or gluten free noodles
- 1 small bunch asparagus -8 ounces
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 1 small bunch broccolini – or sub broccoli or green beans -8 ounces
- 8–16 onces edamame ( shelled)
- 8 ounces baked tofu ( or crispy tofu, or baked tofu, or sub chicken breast)
- 3–4 generous handfuls baby spinach- 4 ounces, more to taste
- 3 scallions- sliced
- Optional garnishes -toasted sesame seeds, avocado, cilantro, sprouts
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ⅓ cup soy sauce or gluten-free Bragg’s liquid amino acids
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or coconut sugar or palm sugar)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce ( like sambal olek or sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 3 fat cloves garlic- finely minced
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta and cook pasta according to directions
Make the Sesame Ginger dressing by stirring the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
During the last couple minutes of cooking the pasta, add any veggies that need a quick blanching directly into the boiling pasta water (broccolini, asparagus, snow peas, edamame) for 1-2 minutes, until they turn bright green. ( Or roast them with the tofu!) Drain and rinse with cold running water until chilled. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
Pour dressing over top and add tofu ( or chicken) and baby spinach, a handful at a time, tossing everything together well. Toss in the scallions. Taste, adjust salt and heat ( add more chili paste if you want).
Serve in bowls with optional garnishes.
Keywords: Asian noodles, jade noodles, asian noodle recipes, soba noodles, soba noodle recipes, soba noodle bowl, soba noodle recipe, asian noodle salad, soba noodle salad recipe