Hello glowing bowl of sunshine! This creamy vegan Curried Cauliflower Soup with coconut milk, is infused with Indian spices, ginger and lime. It is simple and easy to make, and can either be made in an Instant Pot or on the stovetop! Healthy and delicious, I think you will love it.
The world is not here to make you happy- it’s here to make you conscious. ~Ekhart Tolle
Hey friends! Here’s a quick little pot of soup that may come in handy this week! If you are doing vegan January with me, this is the soup for you! And even if you are not, I still think you might like it.
It’s full of healthy produce while not being overly heavy. Creamy, vegan and oh so tasty, this Curried Cauliflower Soup is cozy and warming.
It starts with sauteing onion, garlic, ginger, and an apple- for a bit of brightness and sweetness.
You can also make this in your Instant Pot if you prefer!
Bring it to a simmer, until the cauliflower is tender- then blend it up until very smooth and velvety.
Then add the final touches. A little coconut milk (or if you prefer, cashew cream or even plain yogurt!) and a squeeze of lime.
Creamy vegan Curried Cauliflower Soup- so simple, healthy and flavorful – I can’t wait to hear what you think of this one!!!
For more meatless soups… take a look at our 25 Most Popular Vegetarian Soups!
I love seeing all your cooking on Instagram! Make sure to tag @feastingathome so I don’t miss it… and so I can repost!Print
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, coconut oil or ghee
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 1 medium-large apple, (gala, honey crisp) rough chopped (and please don’t leave this out!)
- 4–5 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, rough chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped small (slice into 1/2 inch slices, then chop)
- 2 1/2 cups veggie broth (or use water and 2 bullion cubes)
- 2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk (equal parts liquid and solid) See notes for substitutions.
- squeeze of lime (tablespoon) or orange juice is nice too.
Garnish: Toasted coconut flakes, toasted nigela seeds, cilantro or scallions or sprouts.
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot or dutch oven, oaver medium high heat. Add onions, saute 2-3 mintues. Add garlic, ginger and apple and keep sauteing, turning heat down if need be, until golden and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Add cauliflower, veggie broth, curry powder, coriander, turmeric and salt. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low heat until cauliflower is very very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree until very smooth- either using an immersion blender or blender (in batches).
- Add the lime juice, and stir in the coconut milk. (I used about 1/2 of a 14-ounce can, both solids and liquid- feel free to add more cocontu milk to taste- personally, it felt too heavy using it all- but up to you! If you do add more, you may need more salt.)
You can substitute 1/2 -3/4 cup plain yogurt for the coconut milk, but then you may not need the lime juice. Or only a little. Yogurt is quite tangy. Taste as you go. 🙂
You could also try subbing a cashew cream. You would for sure need the lime or orange. 🙂
To toast coconut flakesplace them in a dry skillet on the stove, over medium heat, stirring until they turn golden and smell amazing. Throw the nigella seeds into the skillet at the very end, toast 30-60 seconds.
To make in an INSTANT POT:
- Set it to Saute function and saute onion, apple, garlic and ginger in 2 tablespoons oil, until fragrant and golden, about 5 minutues.
- Add broth, all the spices, salt and cauliflower. Stir.
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 7 minutes. Manually release. Blend the soup until very very smooth.
- Place back in Instant Pot, and set to warm. Stir in the coconut milk and lime juice. Taste, and serve.
- Garnish with toasted coconut flakes and optional nigella seeds
Keywords: vegan cauliflower soup, curried cauliflower soup, best cauliflower soup recipe, Indian cauliflower soup, curry cauliflower soup, Keto cauliflower soup