This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This Carrot Raisin Salad is refreshing and addicting! Studded with toasted cashews and tossed in the most flavorful Indian curry dressing, it is simple to make, healthy vegan, and perfect for gatherings, picnics, or make ahead lunches.
Gently gently… slowly slowly. (A voice in my head… grandmother?)
Hello friends. Here’s a simple little salad I like to make when carrots are aplenty. What I love about this salad is how well it keeps in the fridge, retaining its delicious crunch for 4-5 days!
Indian spices come together to create the flavorful vegan dressing and the carrot salad is generously dotted with cashews and raisins. Have a small bowl of it as a light and healthy lunch or snack, or add to buddha bowls.
Ingredients in Carrot Raisin Salad
- grated carrots or store-bought matchstick carrots
- garlic and ginger
- raisins ( golden or regular)
- toasted cashews ( or slivered almonds)
- cilantro or Italian parsley,
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- fresh orange and lime juice (or sub apple cider vinegar)
- maple syrup, honey or agave or alternative sweetener
- Spices: salt, pepper curry powder, turmeric and cayenne
How to make the Carrot Raisin Salad
It is a pretty straightforward recipe. Just place everything in a bowl and combine. How easy is that!?
Can this be made ahead?
This carrot salad gets even better with time and will keep up to 5 days in the fridge!
Carrot Salad Variations
- add toasted coconut flakes
- add chickpeas for extra protein!
- Substitute a different nut- macadamia nuts, almonds, etc.
On the home front. We’ve been taking it easy lately. Working a little, exercising a little, and really enjoying just being home. Finding the balance. I organized the pantry yesterday, and for some reason, that always feels so good. Gone are the days when I feel like I have to conquer the world. It’s been a lovely gift to myself, to let go of the idea of “producing” just for the sake of producing.
We’ve slipped into this easy rhythm and it has been very relaxing and enjoyable. We’ve even taken to afternoon napping, which feels a little indulgent. I still struggle with guilt around it – you know the whole “you can sleep when you’re dead” mentality. But my body and mind seem to need it, so I’m going with it for now. 😉
Enjoy the salad!
It’s one of those salads, that will make you happy knowing it is in the fridge waiting for you- especially during hunger emergencies.
More Carrot recipes you may like:
- 40 Must-Try Vegan Salads
- Carrot Salad with Quinoa and Almonds
- Moroccan Lentil Salad
- Celery Salad with Lentils, Dates and Almonds
- North African Carrot Soup with Chermoula
Carrot Raisin Salad
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 cups 1x
- Category: Salad, vegan, Make-ahead, gluten free
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Vegan
This Carrot Raisin Salad is studded with cashews and tossed in the most flavorful Indian curry dressing. Simple to make, healthy vegan, this carrot salad recipe is so addicting!
- 10–12 ounces carrots, grated or matchstick ( about 4- 5 cups, feel free to use store-bought matchsticks)
- 1 tablespoon lime or orange zest (or some of both)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced ( use a garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced ( or use ginger paste)
- 1/3 cup raisins ( golden or regular)
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews ( or slivered almonds)
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 cup cilantro or italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or sub apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons, maple syrup, honey or agave or alternative sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric ( or use 1–2 teaspoons fresh grated)
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne ( optional, and/ or more to taste)
Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Taste. Adjust salt, acid and sweetness to taste.
This will keep up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 307.3 mg
- Fat: 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.1 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Carrot Raisin Salad, Carrot Salad, curry carrot salad, Carrot salad recipe, indian carrot salad, Carrot salad with raisins, Indian carrot salad, carrot slaw, carrot slaw recipe, vegan carrot salad, vegan carrot slaw
A technicality, but honey is not considered to be vegan so use agave if that is important to you.
Of course Sabel, agave or maple are great subs here.
Unbelievably good! I used a 10 oz bag of carrots and that wasn’t enough for the dressing, so I shredded another big carrot. Also made this another time with shredded Brussels sprouts added to the carrots, it was great! I’ve made this with both cilantro and parsley and it comes out great either way. Last time I didn’t have lime so I used lemon, also fantastic. Minced jalapeño is also a nice addition. Pile this on fried tofu sandwiches for an amazing meal. Really, really good recipe that I’ll have as a go-to all the time!
So happy you have been experimenting here!
Absolutely delicious! Thank you.
Thanks so much!
I love this salad so much!! It satisfies my sweet tooth too!
Great to hear Sydney!
This is my favorite salad recipe of 2022. Possible my favorite salad recipe of all time. I LOVE IT. It’s so easy and impresses people so much. Thank you!!
So nice to hear Deb! Thrilled you are enjoying 💛
Absolutely love this salad. Definitely a new family favorite. I love all the flavor. I added cranberries to mine, it was very tasty. Thanks for Sharing !
Thanks Rose- cranberries sound good here!
Absolutely love this salad. Definitely a new family favorite ! I added dried cranberries to mine – very tasty! Thanks so much for sharing – God Bless
Love the cranberry addition!
The Bombay Carrot Salad with cashews and raisins is amazing. Flavorful and crunchy! It was a lovely contrast served with a very spicy fish curry. I am going to fix it again and again.
Great to hear!
Lovely salad quick and easy.
Really love this recipe
This has been my go-to potluck salad for the past couple of years now. It’s a hit every time! 🤩
Great to hear April!
This salad is bright and fresh – it was perfect to serve alongside some left-over Indian take-out and naan bread.
Glad you enjoyed Heather!
Delicious and easy to make.
This is excellent, thank you.
So glad you enjoyed Andrea!
Threw this together last minute to go with some potato tikki and it ended up being the star of the meal!
Great to hear Kelly!