Bombay Carrot Salad with cashews and raisins, tossed in a flavorful Indian dressing. Healthy and vegan this carrot salad recipe is so EASY to make, and can be made-ahead.
Gently gently… slowly slowly. (a voice in my head… grandmother?)
Hello friends. Here’s a simple little salad I like to make when carrots are aplenty. What I love about this salad is how well it keeps in the fridge, retaining its delicious crunch for 4-5 days! Indian spices come together to create the flavorful vegan dressing and the carrot salad is generously dotted with cashews and raisins. Have it as a healthy snack or a tasty addition to buddha bowls.
On the home front. We’ve been taking it really easy lately. Working a little, exercising a little, and really enjoying just being home. Finding the balance. I organized the pantry yesterday, and for some reason, that always feels so good. Gone are the days where I feel like I have to conquer the world. It’s been a nice gift to myself, to let go of the idea of “producing” just for the sake of producing. We’ve slipped into this easy rhythm and it has been very relaxing and enjoyable. We’ve even taken to afternoon napping, which feels over-the-top luxurious. I still struggle with a little guilt around it – you know the whole “you can sleep when you’re dead” saying. But my body and mind seem to like it, so I’m going with it for now.
Anyways, enough about me, how are you? You know how much I love to hear from you.
I guess this carrot salad, could also be called a carrot slaw. Now, that I think about it, it is more like a slaw.
The crunchy cashews give it good texture, which my husband always appreciates. Plus a little protein. Enough in my mind to constitute a light lunch. The raisins add the additional sweetness to balance out the flavors.
If you are not a cilantro fan, feel free to use Italian parsley instead!
Give this Carrot Salad a try and let me know what you think! Oh and if you like this one, here’s another Moroccan Style Carrot Salad you make like!
Bombay Carrot Salad with Cashews and Raisins
Bombay Carrot Salad with cashews and raisins, tossed in a fragrant Indian Curry dressing. Healthy and vegan, this recipe is so EASY to make and can be made-ahead. #carrotsalad #carrotslaw #vegancarrotsalad #healthycarrotsalad
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4-5 cups 1x
- Category: Salad, vegan, Make-ahead, gluten free
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Indian
- 10–12 ounces carrots, grated or matchstick ( about 4- 5 cups, feel free to use store-bought matchsticks)
- 1 tablespoon lime or orange zest (or some of both)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced ( use a garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced ( or use ginger paste)
- ⅓ cup raisins ( golden or regular)
- ½ cup toasted cashews ( or slivered almonds)
- 3 scallions
- ½ cup cilantro or italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice (or sub apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave or alternative sweetener
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric ( or use 1–2 teaspoons fresh grated)
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne ( optional, and/ or more to taste)
Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Taste. Adjust salt, acid and sweetness to taste.
This will keep up to 4 days in the fridge.
Keywords: Carrot Salad, Carrot salad recipe, indian carrot salad, Carrot salad with raisins, Indian carrot salad, carrot slaw, carrot slaw recipe, vegan carrot salad, vegan carrot slaw