Carrot Salad with Quinoa, Almonds and Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette – a simple delicious vegan salad that can be made ahead- perfect for midweek lunches and gatherings.
The world around us is nothing more and nothing less than a mirror of what we have become from within. ~ Gregg Braden
Happy Weekend! Here’s a simple Carrot Quinoa Salad with toasted almonds, celery, cilantro, and scallions, all tossed in a tangy Apple Cider Vinaigrette. It’s vegan, filling and satisfying…while not lacking in flavor.
But what I love most about this salad is its great crunchy texture. Even after a few days in the fridge, it retains its delicious crunch- making it an ideal candidate for making ahead. Whether you are bringing something healthy to a gathering and want to make it ahead, or doing your weekly meal prep, this one is an easy winner.
I made this Carrot Quinoa Salad on Monday, and just ate the last bit of it for lunch today -Friday. For some reason, I haven’t tired of it, but rather looked forward to it all week long.
Top it with micro-sprouts before serving and free to add avocado or chickpeas for extra heartiness.
A super easy spring-inspired salad.
Enjoy this Carrot Quinoa Salad and let me know what you think in the comments below. Have a happy healthy weekend!
You may also likePrint
Crunchy nutty Quinoa Salad with Carrots, Almonds, Cilantro and Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette – a simple flavorful vegan salad that can be made ahead- perfect for potlucks, gathering and midweek meals!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked and rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water, pinch salt
- 3 cups carrots, grated or matchstick ( about 8 ounces)
- 1–2 cups celery, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced at a diagonal
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped ( tender stems ok) or sub Italian parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or aleppo chili flakes ( optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, optional
- salt, apple cider vinegar and pepper to taste
- micro sprouts, or micro cilantro sprouts- optional
Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- Place 1 cup of rinsed quinoa in a medium pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, simmer on low heat 12 minutes (or until water is gone). Turn heat off, let stand 5 minutes, then let cool uncovered.
- While the quinoa is cooking make the Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk, or in a small jar, sealed with a lid and shaken.
- Place carrots, celery, scallions, cilantro, garlic and almonds in a large bowl.
- Toss with the vinaigrette and the cooled quinoa.
- Add more salt, pepper and vinegar to taste.
- Sprinkle in the cayenne and optional allspice.
- Toss well and serve or refrigerate until serving.
Rinsing or soaking quinoa before cooking will help to remove the bitterness!
Salad with keep 3-4 days in the fridge. If making ahead, be sure to taste right before serving and adjust salt and vinegar one more time.
To cool quinoa quickly, place in a strainer and run under cold water. Let it sit in the stainer for a few minutes so it drains well!
Feel free to add chickpeas, or top avocado right before serving for extra heartiness.
Top with fresh sprouts or micro-greens!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 254 mg
- Fat: 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: carrot quinoa salad, quinoa salad with carrots, quinoa almond salad, vegan salad recipes, vegan salads, carrot salad recipe,