This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Carrot Quinoa Salad with toasted almonds and Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette – a simple delicious vegan salad that can be made ahead- perfect for midweek lunches and gatherings.
The world around us is nothing more and nothing less than a mirror of what we have become from within. ~ Gregg Braden
Happy Weekend! Here’s a simple Carrot Quinoa Salad with toasted almonds, celery, cilantro, and scallions, all tossed in a tangy Apple Cider Vinaigrette. It’s vegan, filling and satisfying… while not lacking in flavor.
But what I love most about this salad is its great crunchy texture. Even after a few days in the fridge, it retains its delicious crunch- making it an ideal candidate for making ahead. Whether you are bringing something healthy to a gathering and want to make it ahead, or doing your weekly meal prep, this one is an easy winner.
I made this Carrot Quinoa Salad on Monday and just ate the last bit of it for lunch today -Friday. For some reason, I haven’t tired of it, but rather looked forward to it all week long.
Top it with microgreens before serving, and free to add avocado or chickpeas for extra heartiness.
A super easy spring-inspired salad.
Enjoy this Carrot Quinoa Salad and let me know what you think in the comments below. Have a happy healthy weekend!
You may also like
- Roasted Carrots with Tahini Sauce
- Orecchiette with Creamy Carrot Miso Sauce
- Easy Vegan Bombay Carrot Salad Recipe
- Vegan Make-Ahead Salads
Crunchy nutty Quinoa Salad with Carrots, Almonds, Cilantro and Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette – a simple flavorful vegan salad that can be made ahead- perfect for potlucks, gathering and midweek meals!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked and rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water, pinch salt
- 3 cups carrots, grated or matchstick ( about 8 ounces)
- 1–2 cups celery, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced at a diagonal
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (tender stems ok) or sub Italian parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or aleppo chili flakes ( optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, optional
- salt, apple cider vinegar and pepper to taste
- microgreens, or cilantro sprouts- optional
Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- Place 1 cup of rinsed quinoa in a medium pot with 1 3/4 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, simmer on low heat 12-15 minutes (or until water is gone). Turn heat off, let stand 5 minutes, then let cool uncovered.
- While the quinoa is cooking make the Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk, or in a small jar, sealed with a lid and shaken.
- Place carrots, celery, scallions, cilantro, garlic and almonds in a large bowl.
- Toss with the vinaigrette and the cooled quinoa.
- Add more salt, pepper and vinegar to taste.
- Sprinkle in the cayenne and optional allspice.
- Toss well and serve, or refrigerate until serving.
Rinsing or soaking quinoa before cooking will help to remove the bitterness!
Salad with keep 3-4 days in the fridge. If making ahead, be sure to taste right before serving and adjust salt and vinegar one more time.
Feel free to add chickpeas or top with avocado right before serving for extra heartiness.
Top with fresh sprouts or microgreens!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 254 mg
- Fat: 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: carrot quinoa salad, quinoa salad with carrots, quinoa almond salad, vegan salad recipes, vegan salads, carrot salad recipe,