This simple Moroccan Carrot Salad is a joy to make. Shave colorful carrots into paper thin ribbons, using a vegetable peeler. Let this be the one time today, that you don’t rush. Think of each carrot as a precious little life. Honor them. Dress them with fragrant, floral pomegranate vinegar, a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss in fresh mint, crushed roasted pistachios and chopped scallions and chill until ready to serve. The vinaigrette tenderizes the carrots gently, while still leaving them a little crunchy. Vegan, raw, and gluten free – this salad is not only tasty, it’s healthy and refreshing.
It’s easy to make carrot ribbons using a simple veggie peeler. Or feel free to use a mandolin.
So pretty and delicious!
Moroccan Carrot Salad with Pistachio and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Moroccan Carrot Salad with Pistachios and Mint- a simple delicious spring salad that is full of flavor! #carrot #carrotsalad #moroccan
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salad, Vegan, Gluten free
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- 1 lb peeled carrots ( multi-colored are very pretty, but orange are fine too.)
- 3 T pomegranate vinegar ( or substitute 2 T red wine vinegar)
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ C chopped roasted pistachios
- ¼ C chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 C chopped chives or scallions
- Sprinkling of toasted Caraway Seeds or Cumin Seeds( optional, but delicious!)
- Peel the carrots. Using a vegetable peeler, shave each carrot into long paper thin strips. Place carrot shavings into a medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
Keywords: moroccan carrot salad, moroccan salad, carrot salad