Those of you who have been here for a while, know I am sucker for fresh raw crunchy salads. They are so energizing and full of nutrients, and they just make me happy, in general.
For this recipe I used a locally made Greek style yogurt.
To start, give the peas a very quick blanch in salted water. Rince with cold water to shock them so they stay green.
Prep all the veggies….
Shave the cauliflower. If you don’t have a mandolin, just chop into bite sized pieces.
Shave or thinly slice cucumbers.
Shave or slice radishes.
Chop a cup of fresh mint –or feel free to sub Italian parsley or dill.
Place all the veggies in a bowl and make the yogurt dressing.
Then gently fold the dressing into the veggies.
Make sure to let the salad rest 15 minutes before serving, so the salt and lemon juice have a chance to be absorbed by the veggies ( otherwise it will seem too salty).
After the salad rests for 15 minutes, serve. It keeps up to 2 days in the fridge.
Garnish with aleppo pepper or micro greens.
Serve this simply in a bowl or on a large platter, or plate it fancifully for an elegant starter.
Hope you are having a wonderful start to your weekend!
Shaved Cauliflower Salad with spring peas, radishes, cucumber, mint and a delicious Yogurt Dressing. The thinly sliced cauliflower is raw and marinates in the flavorful dressing.
- 2 Cups Fresh Peas, blanched and cooled
- ½ head Cauliflower, shaved on a mandolin or chopped small
- 3 Turkish cucumbers, shaved or finely sliced
- 6 radishes, shaved or finely sliced
- 1 Cup chopped Mint ( .75 ounce) or Italian parsley or dill
- 5 scallions, finely sliced
- Yogurt Dressing:
- 1 Cup Greek Style PLAIN Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1–2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Aleppo chili flakes
- micro greens or sprouts
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Yogurt dressing ingredients together.
- Fold the yogurt dressing into the veggies and gently toss to combine.
- Initially, the salad will seem very tart and salty, but let it stand 15-20 minutes, and stir again before serving.Veggies will absorb the salt, and balance itself out. Serve with aleppo chili flakes and microgreens or sprouts ( optional).
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 165
Keywords: cauliflower salad recipe, cauliflower salad, raw cauliflower recipes, shaved cauliflower, how to shave cauliflower, raw cauliflower salad