This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Those of you who have been here for a while, know I am sucker for fresh raw crunchy salads. They are so energizing and full of nutrients, and they just make me happy, in general.
How to Make Shaved Cauliflower Salad
Prep all the veggies… Shave the cauliflower. If you don’t have a mandolin, just chop into thin, bite-sized pieces.
Shave or thinly slice cucumbers.
Shave or slice radishes.
Blanch the peas.
Chop the herbs and place all in a bowl.
Make the flavorful yogurt dressing.
Then gently fold the yogurt dressing into the veggies.
Make sure to let the salad rest 15 minutes before serving, so the salt and lemon juice are absorbed by the veggies (otherwise, it will seem too salty). You are basically marinating the veggies here.
This salad gets better over time. 😉
After the salad rests for 15-20 minutes, serve. Or refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
It keeps up to 2 days in the fridge.
The salad is quite “juicy” – perfect for mopping up with fresh crusty bread.
Serve the Shaved Cauliflower Salad on a large platter, or plate it fancifully for an elegant starter topped with microgreens.
Hope you have a wonderful start to your weekend!
More recipes you may like:
Shaved Cauliflower Salad with spring peas, radishes, cucumber, mint and a delicious Yogurt Dressing. The thinly sliced cauliflower is raw and marinates in the flavorful dressing.
- 2 cups fresh peas, blanched and cooled (or sub edamame)
- 1/2 head of large Cauliflower, shaved on a mandolin or chopped small
- 3 Turkish cucumbers, shaved or finely sliced
- 6 radishes, shaved or finely sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped mint or fresh dill
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 5 scallions, finely sliced
Yogurt Garlic Dressing:
- 1 cup Greek Style PLAIN Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1–2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Yogurt Dressing ingredients together.
- Fold the yogurt dressing into the veggies and gently toss to combine.
- Initially, the salad will seem very tart and salty, but let it stand 15-20 minutes, and stir again before serving.Veggies will absorb the salt, and balance itself out. Serve with aleppo chili flakes and microgreens or sprouts ( optional).
This salad is quite “juicy”- perfect for mopping up with fresh crusty bread.
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 165
Keywords: cauliflower salad recipe, cauliflower salad, raw cauliflower recipes, shaved cauliflower, how to shave cauliflower, raw cauliflower salad