This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Best Cucumbers to use in Cucumber Salad:
- Turkish cucumbers
- Persian cucumbers
- English Cucumbers
Cucumbers are members of the gourd family, Cucurbitaceae. When it comes to cucumbers, there are three classifications: slicing, burpless and pickling. Burpless cucumbers tend to be less bitter, milder in flavor and thought to contain less of the burp-causing compound, cucurbitacin. Their skin is smooth and thin. Their flesh is crisp, sweet, succulent, and void of developed seeds. They have an amazing capacity to retain water and to remain cool. In fact, it has been found that their interior flesh may be up to twenty degrees cooler than their skin! This is what we are using for this salad!
How to make Creamy Cucumber Salad:
Creamy Cucumber Salad Dressing:
More cucumber recipes you may like:
- 20+ Cool & Refreshing Cucumber Recipes!
- Cool and Crunchy Fennel Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Salad with Cilantro & Lime
- Greek Cucumber-Yogurt Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- Jicama Salad with Mango, Cucumber, Avocado, Lime and Aleppo
- Watermelon Salad with Cucumber, Scallions and Shiso
- CUCUMBER GAZPACHO
- Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup
A Turkish- inspired, Creamy Cucumber Salad with fresh dill, mint, lemon and yogurt – the perfect side to Mediterranean-style grilled meats and fish.
- 1 1/2 lbs Turkish cucumbers ( 7-8 small cucumbers or 2 English Cucumbers )
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2– 1 cup fresh dill- chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint- chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion-very finely sliced
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Sour cream (or sub more yogurt)
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 2 garlic cloves- finely minced or grated
- cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Using a mandolin, or sharp knife, slice cucumber into thin uniform disks and place in a strainer over a bowl. Toss with the salt, and let stand 15-30 minutes (or place in the fridge overnight for a couple of hours) to help them release a little liquid. Drain or pat dry. (If in a hurry feel free to skip this step).
- Place drained cucumbers in a large bowl. Add chopped dill, chopped mint and thinly sliced onions to the bowl. (If you are sensitive to onions, you could soak them in cold salted water for 15 minutes to help remove bitterness.)
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients -yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, minced garlic, pepper, honey and olive oil and stir until smooth. Spoon over cucumbers and gently stir to combine. Taste for salt, and lemon, adding more to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Salad will keep up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 312.5 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 4.7 mg
Keywords: creamy cucumber salad, cucumber salad, creamy cucumber salad recipe, cucumber salad recipe, cucumber salads, turkish salad, best cucumber salad recipe, cucumber salad recipes, creamy cucumber salad