Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup – a refreshing summer soup that can be served as an appetizer or light meal. Easy and delicious! Vegan-adaptable.
Once you realize this floating life is the perfect mirage of change, it’s breathtaking – this wild joy at wandering boundless and free. ~Han Shan
This Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup is a lovely refreshing treat on hot summer days. Melons are in their prime sweetness and farm-fresh cucumbers are abundant.
Simple and quick to make, just a little chopping and blending- almost instant gratification! The buttermilk (or yogurt) adds a nice richness, but it is still delicious without it.
We like to serve it in small cups perfect for sipping. No spoons are required. We have enjoyed this soup as an appetizer with grilled shrimp, also as a side to fish tacos, and just on its own as a light snack, especially on those days when it is too hot to even think about cooking.
Ingredients in Cucumber Melon soup
- cucumber-English, Turkish or Persian.
- melon- cantaloupe or honeydew
- buttermilk or yogurt ( optional- leave out if vegan, or replace with vegan yogurt)
- fresh mint
- fresh cilantro
- fresh jalapeño pepper (start with a little, add more to taste)
- fresh ginger
Here I’ve used cantaloupe, but honeydew melons work well too.
How to make Cucumber Melon Soup
- Place the cantaloupe, cucumber, yogurt, chili, and fresh herbs into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Season with lime and a little salt.
- Chill and serve!
Serve in little cups or shot glasses for a refreshing starter or appetizer. And feel free to top with shrimp!
Or serve as a light and refreshing meal.
Garnish simply with a few mint leaves- or have a little fun and add a swirl of yogurt, lime zest, and small -diced cantaloupe or cucumber.
Either way, you love how refreshing and easy this Cucumber Melon Soup is!
More Chilled Soups you may like
- Cooling Cucumber Gazpacho
- The BEST Gazpacho (Chunky or Smooth)
- Tomato Peach Gazpacho
- Watermelon Gazpacho
- Simple Delicious Beet Gazpacho
Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup – an easy, healthy summer soup that can be served as an appetizer or light meal. Refreshing and delicious!
- 1 med-large cucumber, cut into chunks – peel if thick shinned, and deseed if seeds are large ( 2 cups)
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe (about 1 lb or 4 cups), seeded, peeled, and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or yogurt ( optional- leave out if vegan, or replace with vegan yogurt)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, stems and all
- 1/4 – 1/2 fresh jalapeño pepper (start with a little, add more to taste)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, diced
- 1–2 limes, juiced start with one, add more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Adjust to taste, adding more lime, salt or jalapeño.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Soup will keep two days in the fridge.
For an appetizer, serve in small cups ( or shot glasses) perfect for sipping, no spoons required. ( Feel free to top with Shrimp.
Or serve as a side dish instead of a salad, or just on its own as a light snack, especially on those days when it is too hot to even think about cooking.
- Serving Size: 1 ¼ cup
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 217.5 mg
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 3.4 mg
Keywords: melon soup, cucumber melon soup, cucumber soup, cold cucumber soup, chilled soup recipes, cold soup recipes, healthy cucumber soup, Keto cucumber soup, cucumber soup with buttermilk, cantaloupe soup, melon soup, cucumber melon soup