Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup – an easy, healthy summer soup that can be served as an appetizer or light meal. Refreshing and delicious!
- 1 med-large cucumber, cut into chunks – peel if thick shinned, and deseed if seeds are large ( 2 cups)
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe (about 1 lb or 4 cups), seeded, peeled, and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or yogurt ( optional- leave out if vegan, or replace with vegan yogurt)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, stems and all
- 1/4 – 1/2 fresh jalapeño pepper (start with a little, add more to taste)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, diced
- 1–2 limes, juiced start with one, add more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Adjust to taste, adding more lime, salt or jalapeño.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Soup will keep two days in the fridge.
For an appetizer, serve in small cups ( or shot glasses) perfect for sipping, no spoons required. ( Feel free to top with Shrimp.
Or serve as a side dish instead of a salad, or just on its own as a light snack, especially on those days when it is too hot to even think about cooking.
- Serving Size: 1 ¼ cup
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 217.5 mg
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 3.4 mg
Keywords: melon soup, cucumber melon soup, cucumber soup, cold cucumber soup, chilled soup recipes, cold soup recipes, healthy cucumber soup, Keto cucumber soup, cucumber soup with buttermilk, cantaloupe soup, melon soup, cucumber melon soup