Fennel Salad with Cucumber and Dill
A deliciously crunchy fennel salad recipe with fresh dill, cucumber, simple and easy, this make ahead salad is healthy and vegan!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Salad, vegan salad
- Method: tossed
- Cuisine: american
- 2 large fennel bulbs- trimmed and cored
- 3 small persian cucumbers
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 cup white onion, thinly sliced ( optional)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- scant ¼ cup lemon juice ( Meyer lemon is nice, or sherry vinegar or, champagne, or red wine vinegar)
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cut fennel bulbs in half and remove their hard core.
- Using a mandolin, shave fennel thinly and place in bowl.( Or finely slice as thin as possible).
- Finely slice cucumber with the mandolin and chop the dill. Finely slice the onion.
- Place all in the bowl and add olive oil, lemon, salt and cracked pepper. Let marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 235
Keywords: fennel salad, fennel salad recipe, vegan fennel salad, fennel slaw, vegan fennel slaw recipe, fennel cucumber salad, fennel salad with dill