Roasted Cauliflower Farro Salad with lacinato kale and an earthy turmeric dressing. Delicious and healthy, it can be served warm as a fall side dish or chilled as a salad.
The moment we judge someone, we blind ourselves to who they are.
Summer felt as though it would last forever, but here it is already — October! Fiery shades of red and yellow line the streets, the trees seem to glow from within. Yet the leaves still cleave to the branches, holding out for a few more days.
This recipe for Roasted Cauliflower Farro Salad with lacinato kale, and the most flavorful Turmeric Dressing is an easy segue into fall. It can be served warm as a side dish or chilled as a hearty salad.
It tastes great the second and third day, as its flavors have time to marinate and meld. The earthy turmeric dressing has a pleasant sweetness from the addition of maple syrup that can be played up even more with golden raisins. I think you’ll enjoy this one.
How to make Farro Salad with Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower and kale are natural companions, and the addition of Farro (or any cooked grain) gives this dish an extra heartiness, turning it into a meal. If going grain-free, substitute chickpeas or cooked lentils.
While it’s roasting whisk up the simple turmeric dressing and chop the kale.
When the cauliflower is roasted and tender, place it in bowl and fold in the chopped kale, scallions, the cooked farro and gently toss with the dressing.
Serve the Farro Salad right away as a warm comforting side dish, or place it in the fridge to chill. This can be made a day ahead.
More Recipes you may like:
- Purple Cauliflower Salad (Sicilian Style!)
- Shaved Cauliflower Salad w/ Yogurt Dressing
- Indian Spinach Salad with Lentils & Cauliflower
- Kale Farro Salad with Almonds and Pomegranate
- Farro Salad with Beets and their Tops
- Farro Bowl with Kale & Figs
- Mediterranean Farro Salad w/ Marinated Zucchini and Chickpeas
- Farro Tabbouleh Salad
- Toasted Farro with Pear, Hazelnuts and Arugula
Hope you are having a beautiful week!
A fall salad of roasted cauliflower, farro and kale with a turmeric dressing — can be served warm as a side or chill and serve as a salad.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped Lacinato kale (or baby kale)
- 1 cup cooked farro (or grain of your choice, or sub garbanzo beans)
- ⅓ cup golden raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Trim leaves off the cauliflower, and cut into florets. Place in a medium bowl and toss with olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt and a few twists of cracked pepper. Mix well and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast in the oven until golden and tender, about 40 minutes, giving a stir halfway through.
- Place the kale, farro, scallions and raisins in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the cauliflower is fork-tender, add to the bowl and with the kale and farro. Pour dressing over and mix until combined.
- Serve the salad warm, or chill for later. It’s good either way.
Leftovers get better each day! Salad will keep 3-4 days in the fridge.
Keywords: farro salad, farro salad with cauliflower, roasted cauliflower salad, turmeric dressing