A fall salad of roasted cauliflower, farro and kale with a turmeric dressing — can be served warm as a side or chill and serve as a salad.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped Lacinato kale (or baby kale)
- 1 cup cooked farro (or grain of your choice, or sub garbanzo beans)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- cracked pepper
- 1 clove finely minced or grated garlic
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Trim leaves off the cauliflower, and cut into florets. Place in a medium bowl and toss with olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt and a few twists of cracked pepper. Mix well and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast in the oven until golden and tender, about 40 minutes, giving a stir halfway through.
- Place the kale, farro, scallions and raisins in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the cauliflower is fork-tender, add to the bowl and with the kale and farro. Pour dressing over and mix until combined.
- Serve the salad warm, or chill for later. It’s good either way.
Leftovers get better each day! Salad will keep 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 14.5 g
- Sodium: 509.6 mg
- Fat: 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.1 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: farro salad, farro salad with cauliflower, roasted cauliflower salad, turmeric dressing