Nutritious spring Spinach Soup, velvety smooth with a refreshing hint of mint. Simple clean ingredients create a deeply nourishing and delicious soup that is dairy-free. Vegan and Gluten-free. Serve warm or chilled. Love sometimes wants to do us a great favor: hold us upside down and shake all the nonsense out.~ Hafiz
Just a few simple ingredients create a velvety smooth texture and bright green flavored soup. Packed with fresh spinach and enhanced with a mint undertone that is not too overpowering- just giving the perfect refreshing lift. A creamy dairy-free soup that is delicious served chilled or warm. Tasty as is or serve with a swirl of cream or yogurt or coconut milk.
My weekly CSA box is overflowing with greens. I love getting a weekly box of surprise produce reminding me to eat my vegetables! It is the season for spinach around here. After many spinach salads, I was inspired to create this soup to just pack in the nutrients and use up the surplus growing in my fridge.
I am often surprised at how simple dishes are really the most satisfying. I highly recommend finding fresh spinach at your farmer’s market. Maybe you are lucky enough to have an abundance of spinach in your garden!
I love the simplicity of this soup. The spinach is barely cooked just wilting in the hot broth before blending, keeping the nutrients vibrant.
Spinach Soup Ingredients:
Start by sautéing the onion in the soup pot.
Add potato, broth, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender.
Remove from heat.
Add in spinach, mint and vinegar stirring until spinach is just beginning to wilt.
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
That’s it! Ready to serve.
How to serve Spinach Mint Soup:
The soup can be served warm or chilled!
Garnish with chive blossoms,mint, chives, pea shoots, and for extra richness add a swirl of coconut milk, (or cream or yogurt) if desired!
Fast, easy, and delicious! Hope you enjoy.
More recipe you may like:
- 50 Farmers Market Recipes!
- Farmers Market Vegetable Soup
- 25 Delicious Vegetarian & Vegan Soup Recipes
- Palak Paneer (Paneer in Fragrant Spinach Sauce)
- Indian Spinach Salad with Lentils & Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup w/ Spinach & Mushrooms
- Potato Leek Soup
Creamy vegan Spinach Soup, velvety smooth with a refreshing hint of mint. Simple clean ingredients create a deeply nourishing and delicious soup that is dairy-free. Vegan and Gluten-free. Serve warm or chilled.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or butter)
- 1 medium onion (can sub leeks or shallots)
- 1 medium potato, like Yukon gold
- 4 cups broth, veggie or chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound, about 6 cups, fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint (spearmint is my preference)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Garnish suggestions: fresh mint, chives and chive flowers, pea shoots, watercress, coconut milk
- Add olive oil to a saucepan along with chopped onion and saute a few minutes until softened.
- Add potato, broth, salt and pepper.
- Cook 15 minutes over medium heat until the potato is soft. Turn heat off.
- Add spinach, mint, and vinegar. Stir until wilted.
- Blend until smooth.
Garnish suggestions: fresh mint, chives and chive flowers, pea shoots, watercress.
If desired, swirl in yogurt, coconut milk or cream.
Leftovers are good up to 4 days refrigerated.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Keywords: spinach soup, vegan spinach soup, creamy spinach soup, creamy vegan spinach soup, minted spinach soup, spinach soup with mint