Creamy vegan Spinach Soup, velvety smooth with a refreshing hint of mint. Simple clean ingredients create a deeply nourishing and delicious soup that is dairy-free. Vegan and Gluten-free. Serve warm or chilled.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or butter)
- 1 medium onion (can sub leeks or shallots)
- 1 medium potato, like Yukon gold
- 4 cups broth, veggie or chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound, about 6 cups, fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint (spearmint is my preference)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Garnish suggestions: fresh mint, chives and chive flowers, pea shoots, watercress, coconut milk
- Add olive oil to a saucepan along with chopped onion and saute a few minutes until softened.
- Add potato, broth, salt and pepper.
- Cook 15 minutes over medium heat until the potato is soft. Turn heat off.
- Add spinach, mint, and vinegar. Stir until wilted.
- Blend until smooth.
Garnish suggestions: fresh mint, chives and chive flowers, pea shoots, watercress.
If desired, swirl in yogurt, coconut milk or cream.
Leftovers are good up to 4 days refrigerated.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 902 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: spinach soup, vegan spinach soup, creamy spinach soup, creamy vegan spinach soup, minted spinach soup, spinach soup with mint