I love this salmon. It’s so simple! It’s fast and flavorful and really healthy and light. Here, Moroccan Salmon is paired with this lovely Moroccan Quinoa with blood oranges, almonds, olives, and mint. Together these both can be made in 25 minutes from start to finish.
The salmon is rubbed with a simple blend of Moroccan spices and seared, then placed in a warm oven to finish. If making the salad to go alongside, start the quinoa to cook first. Then start the salmon. While the salmon is finishing in the oven, combine the ingredients in the salad and have them ready in a bowl. Fluff the warm quinoa, toss with oranges, olives and almonds, and dress. Scatter with fresh mint and serve immediately along side the salmon for a healthy fresh and delicious meal.
- 2 (thick) salmon filets 4- 6 ounces each
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon sugar (or brown sugar)
- pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon oil for searing
- Garnish- orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, cumin, salt, sugar and cayenne.
- Sprinkle over both sides of the salmon.
- Heat oil in a oven proof skillet (cast iron) over medium high heat. Sear salmon on both sides 2 minutes on each side then place in the warm oven to finish for 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Garnish with orange zest and serve with Moroccan Quinoa Salad
- Note: To keep this vegetarian, coat two pieces of tofu with the spice mix and sear like the salmon. Alternately, you could sear cooked chickpeas with the spices and crisp them up.