This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
A delicious vegan Moroccan Salad with blood oranges, quinoa, almonds, olives, mint and a tangy, bright blood orange dressing. Perfect for the holiday table, this salad is festive and healthy! Sub regular oranges for the blood oranges!
Here’s a simple Moroccan Salad with beautiful blood oranges, almonds, olives, fresh mint and a tangy bright Blood Orange Vinaigrette. Blood oranges are in season right now. Juicy and flavorful, they’ll be here through May, so make a point of picking a few up. They have a way of adding beauty and drama to any dish.
Add blood oranges to salads, squeeze them into vinaigrettes, margaritas or marinades – or turn them into a luscious marmalade, or beautiful sorbet. Let their cheery aroma infuse you with delight….they are sunshine for the soul.
This Moroccan salad was created to go alongside this simple Moroccan Salmon, and together, the meal takes about 25 minutes.
Or serve it on its own for a beautiful festive addition to your holiday table.
The nice thing about this vegan Moroccan Salad is that it can be made ahead! So easy and perfect for the holiday table- festive and healthy!
More Recipes you may like:
- Blood Orange Sorbet
- The Orange Blossom Cocktail
- Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake with Blood Oranges
- Winter Cheese Board with Blood Orange Marmalade
- Beet Orange and Fennel Salad
Moroccan Salad with Blood Oranges, Olives, Almond and Mint
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: vegan, salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Moroccan
A delicious vegan Moroccan Salad with blood oranges, quinoa, almonds, olives, mint and a tangy, bright blood orange dressing. Perfect for the holiday table, this salad is festive and healthy!
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups water
- pinch salt
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced kalamata olives
- 3 blood oranges- divided (or regular oranges)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey, maple or sugar
- cracked pepper and salt to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered or Marcona almonds
- 12 fresh mint leaves, torn
- Bring quinoa and water and pinch salt to a boil in a medium pot on the stove. Once boiling, cover and lower heat to low and cook 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add sliced green onions, sliced olives, and 2 oranges (peeled, cut into quarters, then sliced).
- When quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and toss in the bowl with the oranges. Dress with 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, the zest and juice of the remaining orange and 1 teaspoon honey. If you don’t have a particularly juicy orange, add a splash of vinegar. Stir and taste. Add salt and pepper to taste. The olives will add quite a bit of salt, so if you leave them out, be sure to add salt.
- Scatter with toasted slivered almonds and fresh torn mint leaves.
- Serve this warm, room temp or chilled.
- Feel free to make this ahead and adjust seasonings before serving- quinoa has a tendency to soak up the salt and dressing, so I always check right before serving – adding more salt or acid if necessary.
- Serve with the Moroccan Salmon or to keep this vegan, coat two pieces of tofu with the spice mix of the Moroccan Salmon, and pan sear. Alternately, you could saute cooked chickpeas with the same Moroccan spices and crisp them up, and serve these over the salad, for a main course vegan version.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 67 mg
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.5 g
- Fiber: 9.8 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: moroccan salad, moroccan salads, vegan quinoa salad, blood orange salad, blood orange salad recipes, blood orange recipes, vegan grain salad, holiday salads,
I often forget about blood oranges and they are so tasty.
This recipe looks super easy & flavorful!
Excited to try this recipe! Ingredients call for 1 tsp of honey, but the instructions don’t include the honey (or maple or sugar). Can this be added to the salad at any point? Thank you!
Yes Kimie, Sorry about that! Fixed!
This was great for the dinner that we had planned
Hi. We tested the salad this evening with the salmon and it was super good !
Thanks for the recipe 🙂
I’ll make it again !
This salad was so flavorful and delicious! We will most definitely make again…like ALL the recipes we’ve tried from your site! They never disappoint. Thank you!
This salad just looks SO fresh and beautiful! Amazing colours and flavours! I can’t wait to try it. Pinned!
Absolutely stunning, sharing <3
I love Moroccan flavors and I love blood oranges! This salad looks like a perfect fusion of both 🙂
I love this: I don’t see enough recipes with blood orange! Would love to try more recipes with citrus fruits. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Vivian! I really love them too…so delicious and beautiful.
This salad is so vibrant, I love the addition of blood oranges- I can’t get enough of them!