Here’s a simple Cleansing Watercress and Citrus Salad with Turmeric Dressing. Peppery watercress, fragrant oranges, creamy avocado and fresh turmeric are all full of anti-oxidants – paired together they are delicious. And that’s not all … this bright, vibrant salad uplifts the spirit and energizes the body especially during the cold dark winter months. There is nothing like the aroma of citrus to bring a little joy into the kitchen. Take a moment to inhale and let it works its magic. It’s the little things, isn’t it? Let’s try to find them today.
Detox Watercress Citrus Avocado Salad with Turmeric Dressing
Watercress Salad with Orange, Avocado and Turmeric Lime Dressing – A vibrant, peppery salad that is both energizing and gently cleansing utilizing fresh turmeric in the dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: vegan
- 1 orange – zested, peeled and sliced ( or sub mandarins, blood oranges or tangelos)
- 2 ounces baby watercress
- 1 ripe avocado – peeled and cut into wedges
- a few very thin slices of red onion- optional
- 2 tablesooons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons meyer lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated turmeric root ( or sub 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Zest the orange and set zest aside.
- Arrange watercress, avocado, onion and oranges on two plates.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Spoon dressing over salad when ready to serve.