This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This joyful Watercress Salad is peppery and bright, tossed in a flavorful Citrus-Turmeric Vinaigrette with orange slices, avocado and red onion.
Here’s a delicious Watercress Salad that we have been loving lately! Peppery watercress, fragrant oranges, creamy avocado, red onion and a Turmeric-Citrus dressing all come together here and the flavors delight the palate.
This bright, vibrant salad not only pleases the palate, but it also uplifts the spirit during the cold dark winter months.
There is nothing like the scent of citrus to bring a little joy into the kitchen.
Such a gift.
Table of Contents
What is watercress?
Watercress is an ancient, tender leafy green, part of the cruciferous family of vegetables, packed full of powerful nutrients. It has thick watery stems, tiny dark leaves, and a very pleasant peppery, bright flavor.
Amazing Health Benefits of Watercress!
- High in vitamins and minerals- particularly vitamins A, C, and K
- High in antioxidants
- Lowers blood pressure
- Supports cancer prevention
- Helps manage blood sugar
- Supports bone health
How to make This Watercress Salad
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Divide watercress, orange slices, avocado slices, and red onion among two plates.
- Spoon the flavorful dressing over top.
- Easy peasy!
Yes, swap out the honey and use agave or maple syrup.
Yes, of course, toss everything but the avocados, then add them in last.
Pumpkin seeds, other citrus fruits like tangerines, manderins, or blood oranges, chevre, cilantro.
Enjoy this joyful little salad. May it bring you a little sunshine today.
More Salads you may like:
- Radicchio Salad with Asian Pear & Walnuts
- Rainbow Salad
- Beet, Lentil and Spinach Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
- Little Gem Salad with Dilly Ranch Dressing
Watercress Salad with Orange, Avocado and Turmeric Lime Dressing – A vibrant, peppery salad that is both energizing and gently cleansing utilizing fresh turmeric in the dressing.
- 1 orange – zested, peeled and sliced ( or sub mandarins, blood oranges or tangelos)
- 2 ounces baby watercress
- 1 ripe avocado – peeled and cut into wedges
- a few very thin slices of red onion- optional
Citrus Turmeric Dressing:
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 13.7 g
- Sodium: 156.8 mg
- Fat: 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.9 g
- Fiber: 10.4 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: watercress salad, best watercress salad recipe, turmeric dressing