A simple delicious recipe for Orange and Avocado Salad with cilantro, jalapeno, lime, and optional Aleppo chili flakes. Vegan, refreshing and healthy! Use blood oranges when in season, for added color!
Keep your heart clear and transparent, and you will never be bound. A single disturbed thought creates ten thousand distractions.
This refreshing Orange and Avocado Salad is simply dressed with lime juice, Aleppo chili flakes and cilantro. Juicy ripe oranges are still in season and even in our area, blood oranges surprisingly, are easily found. This very easy salad would be great alongside fish or chicken, or enjoy it on its own for a light, healthy, tasty lunch.
If you’ve been here a while, you probably know how much I love citrus, not only for it’s bright and zesty flavor, and not even for its incredible health benefits. I love citrus most, because of its smell. So uplifting and energizing! Cut into one and inhale- it’s like sunshine for the soul. Who couldn’t use a bit of sunshine during these cold months?
Feel free to add thinly slice red onion or scallions, or sliced jalapeño for extra heat. Aleppo Chili flakes add a fruity subtle heat.
The Avocado and oranges are a perfect marriage of texture and flavor!
Happy delicious week!
- Peel and cut oranges into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Cut avocado into bite-sized pieces and place in the bowl.
- Add optional cilantro and jalapeño.
- Sprinkle with salt and chili flakes. Squeeze with ½ a lime. Gently toss, being careful not to over mix.
- Taste, adjusting salt, lime, chili.
- Depending on how sweet or tart your oranges are, you may need more or less lime juice. FYI-Blood oranges can often be pretty tart, so start light.
Keywords: avocado salad, blood orange salad, avocado orange salad, Mexican avocado salad, blood orange recipes, vegan avocado salad