Orange and Avocado Salad
Orange and Avocado Salad with cilantro, jalapeno, lime, and optional Aleppo chili flakes. Vegan, refreshing and healthy! Use blood oranges when in season, for added color!
- Author: Sylvia Fountaine
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 2 large bowls 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: tossed
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 blood orange ( or sub navel, or other orange citrus)
- 1 navel orange
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves -optional
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced- optional
- salt to taste
- Aleppo Chili flakes ( or regular chili flakes)
- Peel and cut oranges into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Cut avocado into bite-sized pieces and place in the bowl.
- Add optional cilantro and jalapeño.
- Sprinkle with salt and chili flakes. Squeeze with ½ a lime. Gently toss, being careful not to over mix.
- Taste, adjusting salt, lime, chili.
- Depending on how sweet or tart your oranges are, you may need more or less lime juice. FYI-Blood oranges can often be pretty tart, so start light.
- I purposely left this oil-free because the avocado adds quite a bit of richness, but feel free to add a little drizzle of olive oil or avocado oil if so inclined.
Keywords: avocado salad, blood orange salad, avocado orange salad, Mexican avocado salad, blood orange recipes, vegan avocado salad