Fragrant and flavorful Thai Red Curry Rubbed Chicken is what’s for dinner tonight -and with only a few ingredients it’s fast and easy enough for weeknights. You may already have these ingredients on hand! Chicken is seasoned with salt and pepper and rubbed all over with Thai Style Red Curry Paste, the kind found at most grocery stores. The rubbed chicken is given a quick sear in a hot skillet, then placed in a 400 F oven for 15 minutes. Voila, dinner is ready. I feel like I’m cheating a little when I post recipes that are ridiculously easy to make. Of course you could always make it more complicated if feeling so inclined, by making your own batch of red curry paste from scratch for a special dinner or Sunday Supper. You could also use a whole chicken, butterflied this way, for amazing results, served over crispy potatoes. Delicious and flavorful with the perfect amount of heat, serve this with veggies, rice, or even noodles.
Happy week everyone. Oh ya, it’s my birthday! Feeling so good… feeling alive ….feeling thankful for so many splendid things. Happy to be in this world.
To begin, preheat oven to 400F
Season chicken generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
Brush 1 Teaspoon of red curry paste on both sides of chicken.
This Thai Kitchen Red Curry ( on the left) is found at most grocery stores, and works well. But if you happen to know where you can pick up Mae Ploy Red Curry brand, found at Asian markets, it seems to have a bit more flavor. Either way, it will be good.
- 4-6 chicken thighs (or breasts) bone in, skin on ( or use whole chicken)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 T oil plus more for searing
- Lime and cilantro to garnish ( optional, but nice)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of chicken.
- Mix curry paste and oil in a small bowl.
- Brush paste on both sides of chicken.
- Heat oil in an oven proof skillet ( preferably cast iron) over medium heat. When hot, add chicken, skin side down and sear until golden brown, about 5 minutes, turning heat to medium half way through. tun over and sear undersides, for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the skillet in the hot oven and cook until done, approximately 15 minutes or until thigh reach 170 degrees.
- Serve with rice, lime wedges and fresh cilantro.