This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This Red Curry Chicken is made with chicken thighs and a flavorful red curry rub, seared in a skillet. It only requires a few ingredients and is fast and easy enough for weeknights! The best thing is, you probably already have these ingredients on hand!
I feel like I’m cheating a little when I post recipes that are this easy to make. Of course, you could always make it more complicated if feeling so inclined by making your own batch of red curry paste from scratch for a special dinner or Sunday Supper.
Chicken is seasoned with salt and pepper and rubbed with Thai Style Red Curry Paste, the kind found at most grocery stores. The chicken is given a quick pan-sear in a hot skillet, then placed in a 400 F oven for 15 minutes. Voila, dinner is ready!
Red Curry Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken Thighs- bone-in skin on, produce the best results. For amazing results, you could also use a whole chicken, butterflied this way, served over crispy potatoes.
- Red Curry Paste– store-bought or make your own.
- Olive oil– or other oil like avocado, peanut
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish – Lime and cilantro
How to make Red Curry Chicken
Thai Red Curry Paste is found at most grocery stores, and works well. But if you are near an Asian Market and can find this Red Curry Paste by Mae Ploy, it has a much better flavor. Either way, it will be good.
What to serve with Red Curry Chicken
More recipes you may enjoy
- Instant Pot Thai Curry Chicken
- Thai Zucchini Curry
- Thai Chicken Satay (Vegan-adaptable!)
- Thai Pineapple Curry
- Thai Red Curry Paste
A unique recipe for Red Curry Chicken– a simple Thai recipe using fragrant red curry paste. Flavorful, healthy, fast and delicious!
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Pat chicken dry and generously salt and pepper both sides of chicken.
- Mix curry paste and oil in a small bowl, and brush paste on both sides of chicken.
- Heat oil in an oven proof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. When hot, add chicken, skin side down and sear until golden brown, about 5 minutes; turn over and sear undersides for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the skillet in the hot oven and cook until done, approximately 15 minutes or until the thighs reach 170 degrees.
- Serve with jasmine rice, noodles, or cauliflower rice with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
Leftover chicken will keep up to 4 days in the fridge and can be reheated.
- Serving Size: 1 ½ thighs
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 580.7 mg
- Fat: 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 139.2 mg
Keywords: red curry chicken, red curry chicken recipe, thai chicken, thai chicken recipes, thai chicken recipe, easy thai chicken