Here’s a simple delicious recipe for pan-seared Thai Chicken with a flavorful red curry rub. It only requires a few ingredients and is fast and easy enough for weeknights! The best thing is, you probably already have these ingredients on hand! Chicken is seasoned with salt and pepper and rubbed all over with Thai Style Red Curry Paste, the kind found at most grocery stores. The chicken is given a quick pan-sear in a hot skillet, then placed in a 400 F oven for 15 minutes. Voila, dinner is ready!
I feel like I’m cheating a little when I post recipes that are this easy to make. Of course you could always make it more complicated if feeling so inclined, by making your own batch of red curry paste from scratch for a special dinner or Sunday Supper.
You could also use a whole chicken, butterflied this way, for amazing results, served over crispy potatoes. Delicious and flavorful with the perfect amount of heat, serve this with veggies, rice, cauliflower “rice” or even noodles. Low in carbs and paleo, this recipe is a winner.
Season chicken generously with salt and pepper on all sides. Mix the curry paste with olive oil and brush all over the chicken.
Thai Red Curry is found at most grocery stores, and works well. But if you happen to be near an Asian Market and can find this Mae Ploy brand, it has much better flavor. Either way, it will be good.
Pan-Seared Red Curry Thai Chicken
Easy Pan-Seared Thai Chicken-with flavorful red curry paste. Flavorful, fast and delicious! Paleo and Low Carb!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Main, Paleo, keto,
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Thai
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Pat chicken dry and generously salt and pepper both sides of chicken.
- Mix curry paste and oil in a small bowl, and brush paste on both sides of chicken.
- Heat oil in an oven proof skillet ( preferably cast iron) over medium heat. When hot, add chicken, skin side down and sear until golden brown, about 5 minutes, Turn over and sear undersides, for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the skillet in the hot oven and cook until done, approximately 15 minutes or until thigh reach 170 degrees.
- Serve with rice, noodles, or cauliflower rice with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
Keywords: thai chicken, thai chicken recipes, thai chicken recipe, easy thai chicken