Flavorful, EASY Mexican Noodle Soup that can be made with either chicken or chickpeas. A fast, EASY one-pot meal, on the table in under 30 minutes. Delicious and Healthy! Vegan and GF adaptable. Video!
Happy Sunday! Here’s a quick and flavorful soup that will warm you to your bones and get you through cold and flu season – Mexican Noodle Soup with cilantro, avocado and lime.
It can easily be made vegan by substituting chickpeas for the chicken, which, seriously is just as good, if not better.
The flavorful broth is healing and delicious…and the best thing about this is, it truly is a one-pot meal that can be made in 30 minutes flat! I know you will LOVE it!
Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup | Video
How to serve Mexican Noodle Soup
Dish it up tonight and top the flavorful soup with avocado slices, jalapeño, scallions, cilantro and lime wedges. If you like richness, add a dollop of sour cream. For extra spicy, serve with hot sauce on the side.
A fiesta for the senses! So much flavor and goodness happening here friends. It’s one of those meals that the whole family can dig into, comforting, satisfying and very adaptable.
Other soup recipes you may enjoy:
Hope you enjoy this Mexican spin on Chicken Noodle Soup. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Flavorful, EASY Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup with cilantro, avocado and lime- a one pot meal, in under 30 minutes. Vegan option, sub chickpeas for the chicken!| www.feastingathome.com
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion- diced
- 4 garlic cloves- rough chopped
- 1 – 1 1/4 lbs. chicken breast diced into small cubes (or two cans chickpeas, drained)
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano (or a couple bay leaves)
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoons chipotle powder or cayenne, or to taste
- 1 tomato – diced
- 1 small can diced green chilies (optional)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 4 ounces dry linguini noodles (or pasta, or gluten-free or rice noodles– see notes)
- Juice of one lime
- Garnish with avocado slices, sour cream, fresh cilantro, scallions and lime
- In a large heavy bottom pot or dutch oven, saute onion in 1-2 T olive oil over med-high heat for two minutes.
- Add chicken and garlic. Saute 5-6 minutes until it begins to brown, stirring often.
- Add salt and spices, oregano and cook 1 more minute. Add tomato, chilies, stock and water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, add pasta, resisting the temptation to add more (it will swell). Bring to a boil once more, turn heat to medium, and simmer ten minutes or until pasta is done cooking.
- Squeeze the lime, taste, add more salt to taste. If soup tastes bland, it need more salt and lime. 🙂
- Place in bowls and top with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro and scallions and serve with a wedge of lime.
- Note: if substituting chickpeas, saute with the garlic for just a couple minutes before continuing with the recipe. You can also use both chickpeas and chicken for a heartier version.
- If using Gluten-free noodles, cook separately before adding ( they can cause the soup to turn milky).
Keywords: mexican noodle soup, mexican chicken noodle soup, mexican tomato noodle soup, mexican chicken soup, chicken noodle soup mexican