This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This Mediterranean Chicken is made on a sheet pan and is full of clean succulent flavor. It comes together fast for a quick healthy and delicious dinner. Video. For more quick dinner ideas, take a look at these 25 Best Sheet-Pan Dinners!
You and I are all as much continuous with the physical universe as a wave is continuous with the ocean.Alan Watts
Sheet pan dinners are known for their ease and this Mediterranean Chicken is no exception. The combo of these common Mediterranean ingredients creates flavors that are so deliciously satisfying.
We love using chicken thighs as they do best with a longer oven time giving the veggies a chance to lightly char. The flavors are simple relying on fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon and garlic to create savory tender chicken. As the chicken and vegetables roast, the flavors marry and transform into a luscious succulent meal. Feta is a perfect compliment, but totally optional.
Mediterranean Chicken | 60-sec Video
Table of Contents
MediterRanean Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken Thighs- for succulent flavor and tenderness. (Swap out for breasts; remove from oven when they reach 165F.)
- Lemon– both zest and juice enliven the chicken and veggies.
- Feta (optional)- totally compliments.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Mediterranean Chicken Instructions
STEP ONE– Mix together the flavorful marinade: olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, oregano, coriander, smoked paprika, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
Reserve about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the marinade in a separate bowl and set this aside. (This will be rubbed on the veggies.)
STEP TWO– Rub the larger portion of marinade on the chicken thighs. Let them marninate for at least 1/2 an hour; longer is even better, up to overnight.
STEP THREE– Mix the reserved marinade with 1 tablespoon olive oil and gently toss chickpeas, olives, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and onion together.
STEP FOUR– Arrange the chicken and veggie mixture on the pan in a mostly single layer. Spoon lemon juice over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes. The chicken thighs should register 185F or higher.
What To Serve With Mediterranean Chicken
- Rosemary Olive Sourdough Bread
- Instant Pot Polenta | Pressure Cooker Polenta
- Simple Braised French Lentils
- Cauliflower Rice
Yes, skip the chicken and double the chickpeas or increase the veggies adding more like zucchini, peppers, and mushrooms.
The Mediterranean diet includes clean fresh food with simple preparation that relies on fresh produce, olive oil, herbs and spices to create flavor. It is known to help lower inflammation, improve blood vessel functions, reduce the risk of diabetes and promotes a healthy lifestyle.
It is recommended to cook to an internal temperature of 170-185F for optimal flavor and tenderness. Chicken thighs are a darker meat with more connective tissue that turns into gelatin as the thighs cook, resulting in juicy and tender meat.
- Greek Salmon Bowls
- Mediterranean Chard Salad
- Mediterranean Split Pea Soup
- Classic Greek Salad
- Grilled Eggplant with Greek Relish and Creamy Polenta
Hope you enjoy this easy Mediterranean Chicken!
Love this recipe? Please let us know in the comments and leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below the recipe card.Print
Mediterranean Chicken with veggies, chickpeas, olives and herbs. A delicious sheet pan dinner that is easy to make and easy to clean up!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs ( or breasts)
- 15 ounces chickpeas, canned or soaked and cooked
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts (in water or frozen)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 small or 1/2 a large red onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Serve over rice, couscous, or quinoa, with lemon wedges and feta if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Mix together olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, oregano, coriander, smoked paprika, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of the marinade in a separate bowl and set this aside.
- Rub the larger portion of marinade on the chicken thighs. Let them sit for at least 1/2 an hour, longer is even better, up to overnight.
- Gently toss the reserved marinade with the chickpeas, olives, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and onion together. Add a splash more olive oil if needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or oil it well. Arrange chicken and veggie mixture on the pan in mostly a single layer. Gently spoon lemon juice over the top being mindful of the rub. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper (optional!).
- Bake for 20 minutes until chicken thighs are 175F or breasts reach 165F
Serve with couscous, quinoa, farro or pasta if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 thigh+ 3/4 cup veggies
- Calories: 472
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 742 mg
- Fat: 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.3 g
- Fiber: 21.7 g
- Protein: 38.4 g
- Cholesterol: 82.7 mg
Keywords: mediterranean chicken recipe, sheet pan chicken recipe , baked Mediterranean Chicken