Mediterranean Chicken with veggies, chickpeas, olives and herbs. A delicious sheet pan dinner that is easy to make and easy to clean up!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs ( or breasts)
- 15 ounces chickpeas
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts (in water or frozen)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 small or 1/2 a large red onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Serve over rice, couscous, or quinoa, with lemon wedges and feta if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Mix together olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, oregano, coriander, smoked paprika, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of the marinade in a separate bowl and set this aside.
- Rub the larger portion of marinade on the chicken thighs. Let them sit for at least 1/2 an hour, longer is even better, up to overnight.
- Gently toss the reserved marinade with the chickpeas, olives, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and onion together. Add a splash more olive oil if needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or oil it well. Arrange chicken and veggie mixture on the pan in mostly a single layer. Gently spoon lemon juice over the top being mindful of the rub. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper (optional!).
- Bake for 20 minutes until chicken thighs are 175F or breasts reach 165F
Serve with couscous, quinoa, farro or pasta if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 thigh+ 1 cup veggies
- Calories: 735
- Sugar: 11.9 g
- Sodium: 844.7 mg
- Fat: 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 93.9 g
- Fiber: 36.7 g
- Protein: 49.8 g
- Cholesterol: 82.7 mg
Keywords: mediterranean chicken recipe, sheet pan chicken recipe , baked Mediterranean Chicken