This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This Homemade Granola Recipe is vegan, gluten-free and sweetened with maple syrup and packed full of nuts and seeds -healthy proteins to keep you feeling fueled and energized all day long. It also works wonders for a sluggish digestive system keeping things nice and regular!
Topped with homemade yogurt and fresh berries, it’s one of my favorite breakfasts. And the best part is, it only takes 10 minutes of hands-on time before baking in the oven! I often make large batches of this granola during busy times of the year to have on hand on busy mornings and to away give as gifts.
Easy Homemade Granola | 60-sec video
Ingredients in Granola:
- Organic Oats
- optional: coconut flakes and dried fruit
- maple syrup
- coconut oil (or olive oil)
- salt & spices
For this recipe, dig through your pantry and gather all the things that need using up. If need be, visit the bulk section of your grocery store and load up on nuts, seeds, gluten-free oats and optional dried fruit.
The nice thing about this homemade granola is you can adapt it to your own needs, preferences and tastes once you have the basic recipe.
Play around and get creative with it!
I love making this at night, before bed, allowing it to completely cool down overnight on the counter, preserving its “clusters”.
In the morning you’ll wake up to the most glorious breakfast.
Is granola healthy?
How to make Granola:
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread out on a parchment-lined sheet pan ( or two)
- Bake 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Let cool before storing.
- Store in an airtight container or jar for up to 6 weeks.
Tasty Granola Variations:
- Cranberry Pecan Coconut
- Pistachio & Dried Apricot
- Almond, Dried Cherry & Cocoa Nibs
- Coconut Almond
- Hazelnut & Dried Currant, Orange zest
Hazelnut, dried Pear or Apple
- Pumpkin Seed, Sunflower seed Raisin
- Macadamia Nut, dried Pineapple, Coconut
What temperature to bake Granola?
Bake the Homemade Granola at 325 F until golden and fragrant, about 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through, and patting down, and rotating the pan.
How to get granola clusters?
Patting the granola down with a spatula, halfway through baking, allows it to form those glorious clusters we all dream of.
How to make perfect granola clusters:
- After the granola bakes for 10 minutes, stir, then press the granola down, compressing it on the sheet pan.
- Bake until golden, another 10-12 minutes, and don’t stir.
- Let it cool down completely then break apart, keeping clusters intact.
How to Store Granola
Allow the granola to cool completely down before gently breaking it apart. Then add optional dried fruit. The granola turns out perfectly crispy with just enough sweetness.
Store in an airtight canister or jar on your countertop with a handy scoop and this will keep for 2 months.
How to serve Granola
- Serve homemade granola with fresh berries and Yogurt or Vegan yogurt.
- Pour warmed almond milk over top.
- Eat it like Trailmix or like a snack, perfect for on the go!
- Make a parfait in a small lidded jar- with layers of granola, yogurt and berries- for breakfast on the go.
Homemade Granola makes a Great Gift!
More recipes you may like!
- How to make Muesli!
- The BEST Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Vegan Breakfast Grain Bowls
- Coconut-Almond Bars | Paleo Granola Bar Recipe
- Vegan Energy Balls with Masala Spice
- Rhubarb Muffins
Homemade Granola! How to make the BEST healthy vegan granola, sweetened with maple syrup. Full of nuts, seeds and delicious clusters!
- 2 cups organic rolled oats- quick or thick, or gluten-free
- 1 1/2 cups raw nuts (almonds, pecans, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (a combo of both is nice)
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional) -unsweetened, big flakes! not grated
- 1/4– 1/2 cup mix of seeds- chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds and poppy seeds (all optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil – melted or sub olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange zest- optional
- 1 cup dried fruit- (optional) cherries, craisins, figs, chopped mango, currants, chopped apricots, or raisins
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Combine dry ingredients in a big bowl (all except dried fruit). Pour in melted coconut oil, maple, and vanilla. Add optional orange zest.
- If the mixture seems dry add just enough oil and maple ( in equal portions) to lightly coat all ingredients.
- Spread out on one or two large rimmed, parchment-lined baking sheets and place in the oven and bake 10 minutes. Stir the granola, and flatten out gently with the back of a spatula, and rotate the pan. Bake 10-15 more minutes or until golden and fragrant.
- Let this cool down completely on the counter before breaking it apart, to ensure good “clusters”. ( I often make this at night before bed, letting it cool overnight).
- After it has completely cooled break the granola apart, add optional dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container or jar.
- This granola will last a couple of months!
Placing this on the upper oven rack may scorch it, middle or lower rack is best. 🙂
All ovens are different. Just be sure to check it and stir after 10-12 minutes!
See the blog post for tasty variations!
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 101.5 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.8 g
- Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: homemade granola, vegan granola, easy granola recipe, maple granola, vegan granola recipe, healthy granola recipe, homemade granola recipe, homemade granola, granola recipe healthy, granola recipe vegan, gluten free granola