Homemade Granola! How to make the BEST healthy vegan granola, sweetened with maple syrup. Full of nuts, seeds and delicious clusters!
- 2 cups organic rolled oats- quick or thick, or gluten-free
- 1 ½ cups raw nuts (almonds, pecans, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional) -unsweetened, big flakes! not grated
- 1/2 cup mix of seeds- chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds and poppy seeds (all optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamon or nutmeg
- generous 5 finger pinch salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil or coconut oil – melted
- ⅓ cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup dried fruit- (optional) cherries, craisins, figs, chopped mango, currants, chopped apricots, or raisins
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Combine all ingredients except the dried fruit in a big bowl. Taste, and adjust salt and sweetness.
- If the mixture seems dry add just enough oil and maple ( in equal portions) to lightly coat all ingredients.
- Spread out on one or two large rimmed, parchment-lined baking sheets and place in the oven and bake 12 minutes. Stir the granola, and flatten out gently with the back of a spatula, and rotate the pan. Bake 10-15 more minutes or until golden and fragrant. Let this cool down completely on the counter before breaking it apart, to ensure good “clusters”. ( I often make this at night before bed, letting it cool over night).
- After it has completely cooled break the granola apart, add optional dried fruit and store in an airtight container. This will last a couple of months!
Placing this on the upper oven rack may scorch it, middle or lower rack is best. 🙂
All ovens are different. Just be sure to check it and stir after 10-12 minutes!
Keywords: homemade granola, vegan granola, easy granola recipe, seeded granola, vegan granola recipe, healthy granola recipe, homemade granola recipe, homemade granola, granola recipe healthy, granola recipe vegan, gluten free granola