Homemade Granola! How to make the BEST healthy vegan granola, sweetened with maple syrup. Full of nuts, seeds and delicious clusters!
- 2 cups organic rolled oats- quick or thick, or gluten-free
- 1 1/2 cups raw nuts (almonds, pecans, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (a combo of both is nice)
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional) -unsweetened, big flakes! not grated
- 1/4– 1/2 cup mix of seeds- chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds and poppy seeds (all optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil – melted or sub olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange zest- optional
- 1 cup dried fruit- (optional) cherries, craisins, figs, chopped mango, currants, chopped apricots, or raisins
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Combine dry ingredients in a big bowl (all except dried fruit). Pour in melted coconut oil, maple, and vanilla. Add optional orange zest.
- If the mixture seems dry add just enough oil and maple ( in equal portions) to lightly coat all ingredients.
- Spread out on one or two large rimmed, parchment-lined baking sheets and place in the oven and bake 10 minutes. Stir the granola, and flatten out gently with the back of a spatula, and rotate the pan. Bake 10-15 more minutes or until golden and fragrant.
- Let this cool down completely on the counter before breaking it apart, to ensure good “clusters”. ( I often make this at night before bed, letting it cool overnight).
- After it has completely cooled break the granola apart, add optional dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container or jar.
- This granola will last a couple of months!
Placing this on the upper oven rack may scorch it, middle or lower rack is best. 🙂
All ovens are different. Just be sure to check it and stir after 10-12 minutes!
See the blog post for tasty variations!
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 101.5 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.8 g
- Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: homemade granola, vegan granola, easy granola recipe, maple granola, vegan granola recipe, healthy granola recipe, homemade granola recipe, homemade granola, granola recipe healthy, granola recipe vegan, gluten free granola