How to make zucchini noodles without a spiralizer?
- Thinly slice zucchini (a mandolin is great for this, but not imperative) and stack them.
- Stack several layers together and finely slice the long way creating long thin noodle shaped strips.
- If possible, select zucchini that are very straight with an even diameter from end to end. This will make this whole cutting process easier.
Make basil ribbons by stacking 8-10 leaves, rolling them up and slicing into thin strips.
Shave or grate a little pecorino-romano cheese. If you would like to have shaved cheese, use a vegetable peeler, it works great.
Top the flavorful Zucchini Noodles with a piece of seared fish, chicken or tofu – or serve it just like it is!
I hope you enoy this!
For more of my favorite Zucchini Recipes….. try these!
- Kung Pao Zucchini
- Zucchini Hummus
- Zucchini Rolls
- Zucchini Basil Soup
- Zucchini Corn and Basil Stir Fry
- Greek Zucchini Fritters
Zucchini Noodles with Garlic, Basil and Olive Oil
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: low carb, paleo, gluten-free, vegetarian, main
- Method: sautéed
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: zucchini noodles, zucchini recipes, spiraled zucchini recipes, noodles