How to make zucchini noodles without a spiralizer?
A tip: if possible, select zucchini that are very straight with an even diameter from end to end. This will make this whole cutting process easier.
Stack several layers together and finely slice the long way…creating long thin noodle shaped strips. they don’t need to be perfect. 😉
Make basil ribbons by stacking 8-10 leaves, rolling them up and slicing into thin strips.
Shave or grate a little pecorino-romano cheese. If you would like to have shaved cheese, use a vegetable peeler, it works great.
Top the flavorful Zucchini Noodles with a piece of seared fish, chicken or tofu – or serve it just like it is!
Zucchini Noodles with Garlic, Basil and Olive Oil
Zucchini Noodles with garlic, basil, olive oil, toasted pine nuts & shaved pecorino cheese, a simple delicious GF meal, that is low in carbs!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: low carb, paleo, gluten-free, vegetarian, main
- Method: sautéed
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3– 4 medium zucchini (about 2 lbs)
- 4 large cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt– more to taste
- cracked pepper- to taste
- 1/4 C grated pecorino-romano cheese
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts-toasted ( optional, sub walnuts, or leave out)
- 2 T Olive oil
- 8 leaves Fresh Basil, cut into ribbons
Keywords: zucchini noodles, zucchini recipes, spiraled zucchini recipes, noodles