This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Here’s a quick delicious skillet dinner – Zucchini Stir Fry with Corn and Basil. Add your choice of shrimp, chicken or crispy tofu. Vegan- adaptable & Gluten-free and on the table in 30 minutes!
This fast and easy one-pan dinner is full of so much delicious flavor! Zucchini Stir-fry with Corn and Basil with your choice of crispy tofu, shrimp or chicken. It’s a versatile meal, and a great way to incorporate more veggies into our diets. It’s an untraditional stir fry, not “Asiany” , but rather seasoned with lemon, basil and chili flakes. Perhaps more like a saute or succotash. No soy sauce in the recipe.
Zucchini and summer squash are in full swing here, and this recipe features them prominently. Together with the fresh corn and basil, it’s tasty and light and low in carbs and calories. Put it on your menu plan this week!
Zucchini Stir Fry Ingredients
- Protein: tofu, shrimp, chicken breast or chicken sausage
- Zucchini and summer squash
- Corn– use fresh right off the cob, or use frozen
- Onions- Red onion add nice color, or sub shallots
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Basil
- Lemon– zest and juice to taste
- Salt, pepper and chili flakes
- Option additions: Red bell pepper or chili peppers, cherry tomatoes
How to make Zucchini Stir fry
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, add salt and pepper to the oil, then add the protein, crisping it up and cooking through. Set the protein aside.
- Add more olive oil to the skillet, and add the onion, garlic, lemon zest and chili flakes, saute until fragrant.
- Add the zucchini, and summer squash, and saute until just tender. Add the corn, season generously with salt and pepper and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Fold in the protein and the fresh basil. Taste, adjusting salt and chili flakes to taste. Add a squeeze of lemon juice if you like.
- Divide among bowls and Serve with more basil ribbons.
Enjoy the Zucchini Stir fry and please rate the recipe in the comments below!
More zucchini recipes you may like
- 30+ Mouthwatering Zucchini Recipes!
- Kung Pao Zucchini
- Zucchini Pasta
- Zucchini Lasagna (without noodles)
- Fregola with Corn, Zucchini & Basil
So simple and easy. Hope you give this very untraditional Zucchini Stir-fry a whirl this week!
I’m keeping it short and sweet…packing up for a trip to the San Juan Islands in-between wedding catering.
Hope you are having a beautiful week!Print
A fast and healthy dinner- Zucchini Stir-Fry with corn, basil and chili flakes, topped with your choice of shrimp, crispy tofu or chicken. Simple and adaptable. Vegan, Gluten-free!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces firm tofu, raw shrimp (peeled and deveined) , or chicken breast (sliced thin)
- 1 cup red onion,finely chopped
- 2–4 cloves garlic- rough chopped
- one lemon- zest and juice
- 4 cups zucchini and summer squash, sliced into half moons or quarter moons, 1/3 inch-thick. ( about 3 medium-sized squash)
- 1 ear of corn, kernels sliced off ( one cup, or sub frozen)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chili flakes (Aleppo is nice here!)
- 1/4–1/2 cup fresh torn basil or basil ribbons
- Heat half the olive oil in a skillet, over medium heat. Add salt and pepper to the oil, then add the protein, crisping it up and cooking it through. Set the protein aside.
- Add more olive oil to the skillet, over medium heat, and add the onion, garlic, lemon zest and chili flakes, saute until fragrant.
- Add the zucchini, and summer squash, and saute until just tender. If it feels dry you could add a splash of water, wine or broth. Add the corn, season generously with salt and pepper and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Fold in the cooked protein and the fresh basil. Taste, adjusting salt and chili flakes to taste. Add a squeeze of lemon juice if you like.
- Divide among bowls and Serve with more basil ribbons. Serve with chopsticks if you like!
- Serving Size: -with Tofu
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 39.5 mg
- Fat: 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8 g
- Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 15.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: zucchini stir fry, healthy stir fry recipe, vegan stir-fry recipe, stir-fried tofu, stir-fried shrimp, vegan dinner recipes, corn stir fry